One West Waikiki?

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

Re: One West Waikiki?

#11 Post by steveadl »

Finally getting around to watching One West Waikiki! First scenes of the first episode are filmed opposite Rabbit Island, and on shore footage shot at the little foot jetty about 300m down the beach from the Anderson Estate :)

Next scenes establishing shot, a hand glider going over the edge of mountain range overlooking coast - actually can see the tidal pool and technically the estate - from a distance, in poor quality! Lol only exciting as most Hawaii shot shows I've watched so far seem to go out of their way NOT to show any glimpse of estate or tidal pool in any way.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by MaiTaiMan »

steveadl wrote:Finally getting around to watching One West Waikiki! First scenes of the first episode are filmed opposite Rabbit Island, and on shore footage shot at the little foot jetty about 300m down the beach from the Anderson Estate :)

Next scenes establishing shot, a hand glider going over the edge of mountain range overlooking coast - actually can see the tidal pool and technically the estate - from a distance, in poor quality! Lol only exciting as most Hawaii shot shows I've watched so far seem to go out of their way NOT to show any glimpse of estate or tidal pool in any way.
Would love to see this show again...haven't in several years! I'll have to look into getting a set myself sometime. However, if I remember correctly the show kind of leaves you hanging when it's cancelled... But, with Hawaii and Cheryl Ladd--you can't go wrong!! :D
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by MagnumILWU »

Watching "One West Waikiki" on Get TV right now(10:00 am PDT)! Pilot episode, part one, from 1994. Looks like it's going to be airing mon-fri!
"pickled egg please"

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by MaiTaiMan »

MagnumILWU wrote:Watching "One West Waikiki" on Get TV right now(10:00 am PDT)! Pilot episode, part one, from 1994. Looks like it's going to be airing mon-fri!
Awesome! I remember summer of 1994 when the show first premiered...awesome pilot! :D I really wish the show had been given more of a chance. It was only on for about a year and a half, and most episodes were aired late at night. :?
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#15 Post by Hawaii Winds »

wind4fuel wrote:One West Waikiki was it any good? :)
SAW A COUPLE OF EPISODES ON YOUTUBE....BORING.... TO SAY THE LEAST!

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Hawaii Winds wrote:
wind4fuel wrote:One West Waikiki was it any good? :)
SAW A COUPLE OF EPISODES ON YOUTUBE....BORING.... TO SAY THE LEAST!
Sorry...have to totally disagree! :shock: One West Waikiki was an early version of Crossing Jordan and CSI—but with the beautiful tropical backdrop of Hawaii, a cool theme song/opening, as well as starring the beautiful & captivating Cheryl Ladd! :D One West was awesome and not given the chance it should have been! I’m still ticked at CBS! :x