Get Smart

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

Re: Get Smart

#16 Post by marlboro »

I loved this show as a kid. I watched every episode on Nick at Night.

I've been rewatching the series recently, and it holds up really well in some respects and doesn't in another. The cast is great, and the plot of almost every single episode is fun and entertaining. But there is a huge problem - there are very, very few fresh jokes after the first half of the first season. They recycle the same dozen or so catch phrases and jokes for 138 episodes. Oddly enough, I still enjoy it. It's one of those shows you can sit down and watch any time and still be entertained for a half hour. However, due to the repetitive nature of the jokes, it isn't one that I can binge watch like when I was a kid.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

Another great GIF there Marlboro!
I enjoyed it when I was really young too......even back then, Max drove me crazy with his screw ups, but I always tuned in the following week.
Binging watching it would be tough, but catching the odd one here and there would be fun.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Steve »

One of my friends father had a Sunbeam Tiger just like the Max drove in the opening credits and throughout the series. Guess he was 1960's ultimate Get Smart fan not unlike many of us. Later on the series Max drove an Opel GT in a episode. I fell in love with the"poor mans corvette" and actually bought one my second year of college...............

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#19 Post by marlboro »

Bernie Koppel had a cameo in the 2008 Get Smart movie. He was driving an Opel in his brief scene. It takes place about a minute or so into this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ0xdXpB8Oc

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Steve »

marlboro wrote:Bernie Koppel had a cameo in the 2008 Get Smart movie. He was driving an Opel in his brief scene. It takes place about a minute or so into this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ0xdXpB8Oc
Hey, how about that. I saw the movie and didn't remember that part. Normally I would have frozen the picture, yelped at my wife and son and then gone into a too long story about me owning one of those in college while they impatiently waited for me to stop and continue the movie....LOL.Thanks for posting marlboro :D