Charlie's Angels Hawaiian filming locations

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KMunroe
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Charlie's Angels Hawaiian filming locations

#1 Post by KMunroe »

Hey guys, these are some Hawaiian spots I'm stuck on. They're not very important ones, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. So, have you ever seen Magnum drive past any of these places?

Nightclub - Picture

Shop - Picture 1, picture 2
(The sign's fictional, of course)

Restaurant - Picture

Police Department - Picture
I assume this one is real, but I took a look around Google Maps and nothing caught my eye.

(If you haven't seen me: I run a Charlie's Angels site with a filming location guide, and I'm crossing over for help since you guys are obviously lightyears ahead of me when it comes to Hawaii. Anyone who helps will be credited, of course! :) )

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Welcome KMunroe. Again, love your Charlie's Angels website! I can tell you've put a lot of work into it. The Episode Guide is fantastic! I salute you! :)

I watched some of the Hawaiian Angels "mini episodes" the other day. I havn't seen any CA episodes in quite a long time. Just a heck of a fun show. Jaclyn Smith... Oh my word, Jaclyn Smith! Like Hart to Hart, this show never gets old for me! :)

The Nightclub kind of looks like Buzz's Original Steakhouse in Lanikai (seen in "Murder 101"), but I'm not positive.

The Restaurant looks like the old Oceania Floating Restaurant in Honolulu Harbor (seen in "Pleasure Principle").
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#3 Post by rubber chicken »

Nightclub - Hard to say, is that the only establishing shot? At the risk of disagreeing with James, I don't think it's Buzz's. For some reason I picture Don Ho playing there, does that happen in the episode? It seems familiar. :? ........ OK, turns out I was thinking of a place used in the second episode of the Sanford & Son Hawaii show, but it's not the same place.

Shop - not sure, maybe on the North Shore? Was that the same episode where they stayed at the Turtle Bay Resort? That would make it more likely that they stayed on the north shore to film that scene. If so, it's possible that it could be found with google maps / street view by looking on north shore roads where a business like that might be.

The restaurant is indeed the Oceania Floating Restaurant, also seen in Birdman of Budapest (picture), and I suspect also the location of the wedding of Magnum and Michelle. It was moored right here. I haven't found a good recent photo, but I believe those three rectangular roofs constitute part of the entrance to the restaurant.

Police Department - I suspect this isn't an actual police station, but rather something like a hotel / condo building in Waikiki or a building downtown. Is this the only establishing shot? This one might also be found with google maps / street view.

KMunroe
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks!

#4 Post by KMunroe »

Well, I don't need to tell you you're right about the Oceania. :)

And yeah, I'm pretty sure that other one isn't Buzz's, but I see where you were going. These were the only shots used... so I guess I'll do some more virtual wandering around Oahu when I get the time.

Thank you both for checking these out!

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#5 Post by MaiTaiMan »

J.J. Walters wrote:Welcome KMunroe. Again, love your Charlie's Angels website! I can tell you've put a lot of work into it. The Episode Guide is fantastic! I salute you! :)

I watched some of the Hawaiian Angels "mini episodes" the other day. I havn't seen any CA episodes in quite a long time. Just a heck of a fun show. Jaclyn Smith... Oh my word, Jaclyn Smith! Like Hart to Hart, this show never gets old for me! :)

The Nightclub kind of looks like Buzz's Original Steakhouse in Lanikai (seen in "Murder 101"), but I'm not positive.

The Restaurant looks like the old Oceania Floating Restaurant in Honolulu Harbor (seen in "Pleasure Principle").
"Charlie's Angels", along with "Magnum", is one of my all-time favorite shows. I also remember this "C.A." fan site from several years ago. The episode guide may have eventually been pretty good...but that was about the extent of the "good". :wink:

I'll be honest and say there was a lot of "trouble" with that site (the non-technical kind). There were certain members who tried to control everything and were very rude, nasty, and sometimes downright "inappropriate". :x I've never been on a fan site for a TV show, before or since, that allowed certain members to troll the site and treat others the way they did! :shock: But, what goes around comes around--as that site is no longer in existence. :lol:

I hope that sometime another "C.A." fan site can be created (and not by the same people who had this one discussed above) and it can be as in-depth and enjoyable as this "Magnum" one! :D
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"