Hill Street Blues

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

NitroNick50
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hill Street Blues

#1 Post by NitroNick50 »

Undoubtedly the best cop show EVER, possibly the best drama ever, Hill Street Blues was the perfect ending to Thurs night TV, after Magnum and Simon & Simon. Yet, only the first 2 seasons were released on DVD, and none of these great shows are on Netflix. I wonder why. I watched HSB from the pilot episode and I was hooked.

Opinions?

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

Re: Hill Street Blues

#2 Post by Nikita70 »

HSB has a complete series release of 7 seasons.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KingKC »

NitroNick50 wrote:Undoubtedly the best cop show EVER, possibly the best drama ever, Hill Street Blues was the perfect ending to Thurs night TV, after Magnum and Simon & Simon. Yet, only the first 2 seasons were released on DVD, and none of these great shows are on Netflix. I wonder why. I watched HSB from the pilot episode and I was hooked.

Opinions?
I agree fully that Thursday night in the Eighties was a fantastic night for TV and HSB was the best cop show of all times. One problem with watching reruns is that HSB was a serial show rather than an episodic show. It is difficult to pick up on the middle of the series if you do not know all of the previous episodes and my memory from 35 years ago is not that great.

NitroNick50
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#4 Post by NitroNick50 »

Amazon has the complete series in a box set. I'm going to order mine today.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

A bit of Hill Street Blues trivia......Ed Marinaro was a standout running back at Cornell and was on the Minnesota Vikings in the early seventies....

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by KingKC »

Steve wrote:A bit of Hill Street Blues trivia......Ed Marinaro was a standout running back at Cornell and was on the Minnesota Vikings in the early seventies....
He was runner-up for the Heisman Trophy in 1971.