House

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

House

#1 Post by Jeffrey »

I'm surprised! No House topic. I don't like a lot of tv shows these days, but House is truly a great show.

Dr. House (Hugh Laurie) is brilliant at solving medical mysteries. He rarely speaks to patients, and seems to disregard any rules he finds unreasonable.

This video about House is brilliant.

Supporting cast is great too: Lisa Edelstein, Robert Sean Leonard, Jesse Spencer, Omar Epps, Olivia Wilde and Jeniffer Morisson.

TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

Jake
Rear Admiral

#2 Post by Jake »

The show isnt bad, Olivia Wilde makes it even better!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#3 Post by SelleckLover »

I've watched this show a couple times before, but was unimpressed. Having worked in the medical field for 18 years, it's not anywhere near what happens in real life, but then maybe it's not supposed to. I do like Hugh Laurie though...I saw him in an interview and was surprised that he had a British accent! His American accent on the show is flawless. JMHO!

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Lt Tanaka »

SelleckLover wrote:I saw him in an interview and was surprised that he had a British accent!
:shock:

Just to make sure. You are joking right?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The wife and I watch it. Not a bad show.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#6 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I've seen it a few times. Decent stories, but House is a bit too smug and pretentious for me.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV
Captain

#7 Post by ThomasSullivanMagnumIV »

I saw a few episodes and I thought it was too dark for a medical drama. I do not like it at all.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#8 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Styles I think I like the show because of House being like that.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#9 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV wrote:I saw a few episodes and I thought it was too dark for a medical drama. I do not like it at all.
That reminds me. One of the episodes I saw did a pretty realistic depiction of kids the same age as my own dying. I found it a bit too disturbing and never went back. I like something a bit lighter like St. Elsewhere...Chicago Hope was good for the first few seasons too.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Dervish
Rear Admiral

#10 Post by Dervish »

I was a big fan until They had that long story arc with 13 and her terminal illness, and the relationship with Foreman. Too soap operay for me.

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by Jeffrey »

@Dervish: Season 6 had a lot less 13! I wasnt happy with her getting so much screentime either. Let's hope that season 7 will bring a lot of new and interesting medical mysteries, and a little less soap operah stuff!
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

Jake
Rear Admiral

#12 Post by Jake »

13 needs a spinoff show...I want to see more of her nightlife exploits as she lives-it-up before dying! The Foreman relationship was a real bummer.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#13 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Jake, that sounds like a promising show!

Croix de Lorraine
Admiral

#14 Post by Croix de Lorraine »

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV wrote:I saw a few episodes and I thought it was too dark for a medical drama. I do not like it at all.
Well, by definition a medical drama deals constantly with life and death - it might as well be dark.

I liked it in the beginning, but it lost its freshness after the first few seasons.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: House

#15 Post by KingKC »

I am kind of in re-run heaven right now with Heroes and Icons showing House and JAG (and previously showing Early Edition). House was one of the most creative themes for a medical show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The season with David Morse as Tritter the cop that wanted to ruin House did turn me off because it shows police as extremely vindictive bullies but that goes with the territory of TV making everything overly dramatic and not in sync with real life. I liked all of the characters and actors and think that casting for that show was above average.