It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Moonlighting
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:46 am 
Rear Admiral

Moonlighting was a lot of fun for the time. The chemistry between Madddie and David was superb, love/hate at its best. You can't go wrong with Al Jarreau either - loved the theme. Agnes and Herbert were as essential as TC, Rick, and Higgins (IMO) - loved em. The use of fantasy was very enjoyable, camera and lense work, excellent - watch the show.

What ruined Moonlighting for me, for some reason I hate when the mains couple-up! Psych and Castle went this route too and I enjoyed the shows less and less. I don't know why this bugs me so much but it does, it takes something away, waters down the chemistry.

I haven't seen Moonlighting in years, my hope if I see it again is that it lives up to my favorable memories, as for 80s tv (in the 80s), very fun :D in our cynical 21st century - who knows :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:41 pm 
Rear Admiral

I know its a bit of a longshot, but I'm wondering if anyone can identify the address of the dumpy residency apartment ("hovel" as David puts it) the deaf guy was living at in the episode Yours Very Deadly (season 3, episode 4). Its at 17:30 or so, in the episode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I64O4UDoQME

I haven't been able to identify where this location was or whether it still exists. Obviously its in skid row area of downtown LA, but I haven't been able to narrow it down or whether its still there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:26 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Dave Anderson wrote:
I know its a bit of a longshot, but I'm wondering if anyone can identify the address of the dumpy residency apartment ("hovel" as David puts it) the deaf guy was living at in the episode Yours Very Deadly (season 3, episode 4). Its at 17:30 or so, in the episode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I64O4UDoQME

I haven't been able to identify where this location was or whether it still exists. Obviously its in skid row area of downtown LA, but I haven't been able to narrow it down or whether its still there.

Try, 802 E 7th Street Los Angelas on Google maps!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:31 pm 
Rear Admiral

Looks possible, but I'm not sure that's it. All those streets look similar in the area, and after 30 years its hard to tell.

Thanks for the quick reply.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:40 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Dave Anderson wrote:
Looks possible, but I'm not sure that's it. All those streets look similar in the area, and after 30 years its hard to tell.

All it takes is a little detective work! If you Google Rite Way Truck Brokers Los Angeles, you find they are now Wolfe Trucking. In their history, they started out on 7th street, across from the old Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market, which started out at Central, and 7th. If you Google Rite Way Truck Brokers 7th street Los Angeles, you get that address, 802 E 7th Street! So that is the spot!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:47 pm 
Fleet Admiral

MagnumILWU wrote:
Dave Anderson wrote:

All it takes is a little detective work! If you Google Rite Way Truck Brokers Los Angeles, you find they are now Wolfe Trucking. In their history, they started out on 7th street, across from the old Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market, which started out at Central, and 7th. If you Google Rite Way Truck Brokers 7th street Los Angeles, you get that address, 802 E 7th Street! So that is the spot!

You can also see the old large rooftop sign in the upper left corner of the video: Wholesale Terminal(Wholesale Terminal Produce Market)!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:47 pm 
Rear Admiral

MagnumILWU wrote:
you Google Rite Way Truck Brokers Los Angeles, you find they are now Wolfe Trucking. In their history, they started out on 7th street, across from the old Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market, which started out at Central, and 7th. If you Google Rite Way Truck Brokers 7th street Los Angeles, you get that address, 802 E 7th Street! So that is the spot!

You're a better detective than me. I tried various ways to find the spot and came up empty. The big problem is that I couldn't read the little print on the Rite Way building.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:49 pm 
Rear Admiral

MagnumILWU wrote:
MagnumILWU wrote:
You can also see the old large rooftop sign in the upper left corner of the video: Wholesale Terminal(Wholesale Terminal Produce Market)!

Yes, I saw the partial sign but couldn't find anything, or in fact, I found too much and no images with that sign. I saw the same "clues" as you but I guess I didn't have your detective skills!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:57 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Thanks! It was the, Rite Way Truck Brokers, at about 17:32 that got me started!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:04 am 
Fleet Admiral

Also in the Moonlighting video, you can see the Hotel sign, behind the fire escape. In Google maps, you see a newer Hotel sign, and the windows where the fire escape used to be!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next