Blue Bloods on CBS

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: Blue Bloods on CBS

#141 Post by Steve »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Did y'all catch the big ol' Magnum nod on last night's season finale? We finally got to see Danny's old bedroom in Frank's house and there was a poster of THE red Ferrari on the wall. In the scene, Tom was standing right beside it. :lol: :magnum:
You know, I missed that.......I saw a red sports car on the wall but it was a red C-4 corvette.......I deleted it off of my DVR so if anyone can post a link it would be nice.. :D

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#142 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Well, I may be wrong. I watched the scene after googling a C4 Corvette, and now I'm not sure which car was on the poster. I didn't know there was a Corvette that looked that similar to our beloved Ferrari! If it is a Corvette, I bet the set decorators were thinking we would all just assume it was a Ferrari. It worked on me! :) I was watching on a 42" TV, maybe somebody with a bigger TV could see it better.

Red Ferraris have turned up on the show before, though. The episode where the narcotics detective had one and there was one with Jamie and Eddie writing a parking ticket for one.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#143 Post by 308GUY »

I noticed the pic on the wall...but it looked like a red C4 to me. Might have been another picture, but if there was...I missed that one! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#144 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:
MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Did y'all catch the big ol' Magnum nod on last night's season finale? We finally got to see Danny's old bedroom in Frank's house and there was a poster of THE red Ferrari on the wall. In the scene, Tom was standing right beside it. :lol: :magnum:
You know, I missed that.......I saw a red sports car on the wall but it was a red C-4 corvette.......I deleted it off of my DVR so if anyone can post a link it would be nice.. :D
I found it on the CBS website, at 36:40: http://www.cbs.com/shows/blue_bloods/vi ... ue%20blood

I agree that it's a Corvette...but that would've been great if it was a Ferrari!

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#145 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Did anybody watch last night's season 8 premier? Magnum may not have ever jumped the shark, but I think Blue Bloods just did! :?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#146 Post by Steve »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Did anybody watch last night's season 8 premier? Magnum may not have ever jumped the shark, but I think Blue Bloods just did! :?
Danny's wife dead in a helicopter crash?......I am thinking they all know this is the last season for the show.....

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#147 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Steve wrote:
MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Did anybody watch last night's season 8 premier? Magnum may not have ever jumped the shark, but I think Blue Bloods just did! :?
Danny's wife dead in a helicopter crash?......I am thinking they all know this is the last season for the show.....

I'd be shocked if it is the last year. I think killing off Linda was not where the writers wanted to go, but either the actress wanted out or the network refused to pay her what she wanted. If killing her off was in the plans, why not do it in last season's finale in the house fire or at least leave it on a cliffhanger? The writers must have been blindsided and had to come up with something quickly to explain her disappearance. I just seriously doubt that it was the plan to have no character with a spouse.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#148 Post by 308GUY »

Season 11 opens at the Sunday dinner table in Commissioner Danny Reagan's house, with retired PC Frank at the other end of the table.....rinse and repeat. :magnum:

(Could be S-10.....or 12....or 15....???) We may not even have "commercial" tv by then....or they will have converted to ALL commercials! :lol: Half way there now...

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#149 Post by MagnumILWU »

Maybe all the Reagan's quit law enforcement, and open their own Burger joint! And Danny starts a singing group, with guys he grew up with, meets a ex playboy playmate, and remarries!
"pickled egg please"

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#150 Post by 308GUY »

MagnumILWU wrote:Maybe all the Reagan's quit law enforcement, and open their own Burger joint! And Danny starts a singing group, with guys he grew up with, meets a ex playboy playmate, and remarries!

Art imitates life? :magnum:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#151 Post by ConchRepublican »

I never understand how adding Lorraine Bracco to anything is a recipe for success.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#152 Post by Frodoleader »

Hi guys. Been forever and a day since I posted here.
So Friday night is the season opener for BB, which we watch religiously. I missed the first 30 minutes of the show due to my regular Friday evening gig working at high school football games. I joined the wife around the time Danny had one his meetings with the shrink. Then the matter of Linda's death comes up. I turn to the wife and ask, "Linda's dead?!?" To which she states that this was the first she heard of it. Then we thought we missed an episode. No, that is tonight's show. So for the next few hours my head is spinning. First because I've always liked Amy Carlson. Two because I especially like the Linda character, being a non-Reagan and all.
I have to say without any concrete proof to the contrary, it has to be a contract dispute or fatigue with the role/series. I was also kind of hoping that Linda is actually in the hospital in a coma and will be brought back into the show when the contract issues were resolved. But they did say died in the crash correct?
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#153 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I have to say without any concrete proof to the contrary, it has to be a contract dispute or fatigue with the role/series.
Don't know how credible this is, but someone who claims to be a crew member on the show posted on facebook that is exactly what happened. Her contract was up, she wanted a raise, CBS made a counteroffer and she refused. Supposedly it came down to the last minute. It's interesting that the show and network were able to keep a lid on it, but couldn't do the same with Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park's exits on Hawaii Five-0. I liked Linda, but it seemed like she was barely in season 7. Maybe the actress didn't want to make a full time commitment to what had become a very part time role unless the network upped the money.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#154 Post by Lily »

Read that Linda's fast demise was due to a review re budget cuts. Amy Carlson posted a letter, thanking everyone for the time she had spent on Blue Bloods but gave no reason why she had left.

Agree with everyone who wondered when it was said Linda had died in a helicopter crash, if an episode had been missed. Strange way of doing things! Think a big mistake has been made by killing off Linda. If budgets had to be trimmed, one character they could easily have written out is Erin's daughter as she could have gone away to another college or university.

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#155 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

The actress wanted out. She said the character had gone as far as it could go. Selleck didn't sign his season 7 & 8 contract until the day before shooting started. What a conundrum that would have been.
Faith and Begorrah!