Blue Bloods on CBS

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: Blue Bloods, S4 E4 "The Truth About Lying"

#121 Post by terryfromkerry »

Love this show. I noted the reference to the film classic "Bridge On The River Kwai" by Tom Selleck's character. Interesting it was mentioned in several MPI episodes. We all remember Higgins had a replica of the bridge which he painstakenly constructed and re constructed throughout the series. Its destruction by Magnum in "Paper War" being the most hilariously memorable. My Jesse Stone collection is with a friend at present so I cannot check through these. I seem to recall that Jesse Stone was watching the film during one of the JS episodes. Am I wrong ?

In any event I am just wondering was it a script writer or personal input perhaps by TS that is common to all three series :?:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: Blue Bloods on CBS

#122 Post by Doc Ibold »

TFK,

I think you're right about the Tom Selleck input. I have the Jesse Stones and there are so many times where I think "That came from Magnum!"

I haven't watched Blue Bloods... But perhaps I will once I catch up in a few things!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#123 Post by Frodoleader »

January 17th episode: Karen Allen guest stars. This is something of a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" reunion that could have been! (If TS played the role of Indiana Jones of course!!)

:o
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

DarCA
Rear Admiral

#124 Post by DarCA »

I was thinking what a lucky gal Karen Allen is working with both Tom Selleck and Harrison Ford!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#125 Post by Steve »

Frodoleader wrote:January 17th episode: Karen Allen guest stars. This is something of a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" reunion that could have been! (If TS played the role of Indiana Jones of course!!)

:o
It was another powerfull, emotional episode, they seem to be concentrating more on Wahlberg and Selleck this season. For the life of me I can't understand how this series doesn't garner any recognitition from the Awards Shows (at least to Donnie Wahlberg). Everyone I know loves the show and it even got to the point on a Saturday local call in radio program discusing TV shows where TV the critic had to tell folks enough on the Blue Bloods calls to let other people in to talk about their favorite TV series.

MagStache
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#126 Post by MagStache »

I like t.s. but I just can't seem to get into this show, but I haven't watched it from the beginning either. I had the same problem with earlier cop shows from the 80's and 90's, like hill street or nypd blue. I think what they should have made instead is NCIS: Hawaii, with magnum in the navy, and with cross over to the new Hawaii Five O.
There can be no cash without the 'stache...

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#127 Post by terryfromkerry »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZY9h4z2u4

Hi & enjoy.

Nice honourable mention of Gregory Jbara aka DCPI Garret Moore. Funny story re TS and Roger Moseley shared. In addition I am sure you will all appreciate Mr Selleck's comments on a possible MPI remake. :magnum: :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#128 Post by ConchRepublican »

Just watched the season premiere of Blue Bloods, pretty scathing indictment of the "new" New York.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last season and the Reagans have "given enough" to the City.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#129 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I doubt it's the last season. I read an interview with Tom a few weeks ago and he mentioned if it goes to 8 seasons that he will have played Frank as long as he played Magnum. My interpretation of that is that he wants to do it at least that long. The CBS execs love him and the show is the highest rated Friday night show, so I think it goes until Tom decides he's done with it.

Besides they have to stick around long enough to see what having a New Yorker (whether it's Hillary or Trump) in the White House will mean for the city! :wink:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#130 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:Just watched the season premiere of Blue Bloods, pretty scathing indictment of the "new" New York.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last season and the Reagans have "given enough" to the City.
I still love the show and hope he decides to keep going, besides I keep hoping CBS tries a Frank Reagan/H50 crossover.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#131 Post by MagnumILWU »

Watching a rerun. When they go to commercial, they play a small clip from the theme song. Just a few seconds, but I swear I hear the Magnum PI theme in it??!! Never noticed it before! But it sure sounds that way to me!
"pickled egg please"

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#132 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi guys,

Just watched Season 7 Ep. 1.Off to a good start.
Did anyone spot the following ..................
During the final scene Danny Reagan and Frank are standing shoulder to shoulder at a grave side. As the camera pulls back from the pair for an aerial view its noticeable that Donny Wahlberg is standing on a box beside Tom Selleck. :oops:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#133 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

ConchRepublican wrote:Just watched the season premiere of Blue Bloods, pretty scathing indictment of the "new" New York.

I've never heard of the Parent Herald, but this article is suggesting this might be Blue Bloods' final season: http://www.parentherald.com/articles/71 ... r-dies.htm

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#134 Post by MagnumILWU »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:

I've never heard of the Parent Herald, but this article is suggesting this might be Blue Bloods' final season: http://www.parentherald.com/articles/71 ... r-dies.htm
I don't believe the Parent Herald is a reliable source! Just what I got from a quick check!
"pickled egg please"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#135 Post by Steve »

TS did say on Live With Kelly a couple of weeks ago that midway through next season the show will pass the number of episodes Magnum,pi had. I think he would at least like to achieve that goal............