Blue Bloods on CBS

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

DarCA
Rear Admiral

#61 Post by DarCA »

I agree, I see a romance coming between Frank and the PR director. And he dumped the blonde reporter - I can't remember exactly what she did; something along the lines of using their relationship to get news on the air when she shouldn't have - something unethical.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by sophia »

Her name is Sue Conners and I don't like her. Hope she's not the one they pick to be Frank's lady. :roll:

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#63 Post by Frodoleader »

I have just one question about Blue Bloods: just how the hell tall is Bridget Moynihan? There was one scene where she reached up and fixed TS's tie and I swear she looked about as tall as TS! :shock:
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#64 Post by Miss Q »

she's listed as 5'9-1/2", but thats without heels....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by zebra3 »

I'm liking this show more and more. They need to do a big episode with the younger guy uncovering some stuff. I think that the ones where he and his partner and patrolling the streets during breaks from the danny storylines are good because it adds another dimension that doesn't have to be dramatic.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#66 Post by Frodoleader »

Miss Q wrote:she's listed as 5'9-1/2", but thats without heels....
Whether its the heels, the camera angle or she stood on a box, but I swore she about looked straight into TS's eyes!

Anyway, as much as I like Donnie Wahlberg, I'd like to see some of the other characters get some screen time. As for the "Blue Templar" story line, they need to drop it. It's vague, odd and going nowhere.

Oh and one more thing: does anyone else think Danny's partner is hot?
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by Steve »

Frodoleader wrote:
Oh and one more thing: does anyone else think Danny's partner is hot?
You Bet!..........That woman oozes sexuality and she does it while wrapped up in winter clothes.............

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by sophia »

In the last episode of Blue Bloods we find out Frank was a U.S. Marine in the Vietnam War. If you haven't seen it you should check it out.
The episode is Silver Star.

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#69 Post by Shermy »

I guess we can stop wondering whether the show will be renewed for a second season. It's now considered the "most commercial" of any new show this season.

It might not be the sexiest of this year’s new U.S. shows, but Blood Bloods has proved the most commercial at home and internationally combined. The Tom Selleck cop show has topped a chart of how this season's freshman shows have performed. Blue Bloods has sold around the world, and not just to tiny channels but to big ones like Sky Atlantic in the UK, Australia’s Network Ten and Discovery Latin America.

Armando Nunez, president CBS Studios International, has told TV trade Television Business International, “It’s perhaps not as sexy to talk about, but it has proven a success both on the network and in terms of global distribution.”

Full Story Here

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#70 Post by golfmobile »

I watch it, but I still don't like it. Too much Danny story, and I think he's unlikeable, annoying, and off the map procedurally (for a cop). I wish they'd use the younger brother more, he's certainly more appealing and, hey, beat cops have had entire series built around their activities too (Adam 12, Hill Street Blues). I hate the way Danny behaves in interrogations. Even if I were dead innocent (no pun intended), I'd "lawyer up" the minute he started attacking me. The cops are better interrogators on "The Mentalist" -- I love Cho's deadpan method. From a practical standpoint, almost all the suspect interrogations in any copy show (Law and Order: SVU and all the L&O franchises) have stupid interrogations. I realize most guilty people aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but on TV, they never remain silent. As much as cop TV shows have "taught" criminals how to get away with things, the TV shows certainly don't teach their own criminals to remain silent. If they're smart enough to commit all these crimes that trip up the cops for an hour, surely they're smart enough to keep their mouths shut! I know, I know, it's TV, it's supposed to be entertaining -- but such departures from reality really bug me sometimes. JMO

I guess I'm not unhappy that Blue Bloods has been renewed as much for just not having another Tom Selleck vehicle fail, but I really enjoy the new Hawaii Five-O a lot more than Blue Bloods. But I think there's another thread for discussing that one.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#71 Post by Shermy »

Just weeks after raving about the success of Blue Bloods, CBS has now fired the show's creators, Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green. (The same duo the network previously touted for their work on The Sopranos.)

The executive producer says he wants the show to have a greater emphasis on being a procedural. Selleck famously clashed with the original showrunner over this "characters vs. procedural" issue, so it'll be interesting to see how this latest development sits with him. I'm guessing it probably won't go over too well, but who knows.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#72 Post by zebra3 »

Wow and now the show will go downhill. Networks are so afraid of trying something different.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by zebra3 »

The season finale was great. A really solid episode, but it wrapped up everything that Jamie was doing and the whole Templar plotline, and the death of Joe plotline, and now there's no where for the story to go. I fear that the next season(s) will be boring and procedural.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by Steve »

zebra3 wrote:The season finale was great. A really solid episode, but it wrapped up everything that Jamie was doing and the whole Templar plotline, and the death of Joe plotline, and now there's no where for the story to go. I fear that the next season(s) will be boring and procedural.
I enjoyed it as well and am glad they didn't do the over-used cliffhanger season ending. I hear it is renewed for a second season and am hoping the procedural is nothing more than the battles between Erin and Danny over what she can take into Court for a conviction..............

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#75 Post by ConchRepublican »

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched episode 20 of Blue Bloods last night, "All the Glitters", about the Iowa couple in New York and the Lower East Side murder, and finally Selleck seemed comfortable in the character of Francis Reagan.

I don't know what it took, but he moved away from the heavy sighs and chin scrunching to seem like a warmer, more real part of the cast.

I like the show a lot, and like seeing Selleck on TV, and in know in a part of my head he's always Magnum, but I have always felt he was a bit stiff in this role.

Finally, to me, in that episode he became Francis Reagan.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04