Blue Bloods on CBS

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#46 Post by Seaver41 »

this show has gotten a lot better. I do like watching it now. I don't think it's a coincidence that my interest has gone up as Selleck seemingly has more interaction with the plots.

The guy never smiles enough. I'm sure everyone pines for some of the lighter side of the character to come out.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#47 Post by ConchRepublican »

I'm getting a little frustrated with what seems like the limited mannerisms TS is bringing to the character.

The heavy headedness, the teeth sucking, the "hrrmphing" cheek movements, the sighing . . . I think it's supposed to be stoic and melancholy but I'm not getting that impression, I'm getting a fated, resigned feeling.

Even his smiles are on his face, but not in the eyes . . .

Walberg and Esposito however (I'm glad they brought her in) plus the grandfather I think are interesting.

Bridget Moynihan is OK, but seems to lack a bit of depth.

I have been watching on DVR and I think I have 2 more stored before I'm up to date. The last one I saw was the serial killer released on a technicality.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#48 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The mannerisms drive my wife crazy as well. She said the, just once, she'd love to hear his Magnum laugh.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by Steve »

Did anyone else flash back to Higgins story of Private Channing and a pint of stout when Frank read to the comatose Sammy last night...........

DarCA
Rear Admiral

#50 Post by DarCA »

Yes. It took me a minute to figure out why that scene was so familiar.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by zebra3 »

That serial killer one was good, the guy they got to play the killer was intense, well acted. Like something out of an old horror movie.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

John.1962
Commander

Selleck Interview about Blue Bloods

#52 Post by John.1962 »

The LA Times had a nice interview with Tom Selleck where he compared his roles as Magnum, Jesse Stone, and Blue Bloods.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 6918.story

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#53 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Great interview. I'd love to see him as a seiral killer on Dexter. I hope soneone reads this and makes it happen!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by Steve »

Geez.....Afraid of injecting Jesse Stone into Frank Reagan???? Same character.... one in a black suit, the other in Orvis wear and both full of angst. I do like the Jesse Stone movies and I still watch Blue Bloods but mainly because of Donnie Wahlberg and Jennifer Esposito Props to TS for recognizing Wahlbergs contribution........Oh, and very cool picture of Tom for the article..............

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by Miss Q »

I dont think the show will be around much longer....

They moved ot to Wednesday nights and then its pre-empted for 3 weeks....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#56 Post by zebra3 »

It attracted 11 million viewers on Friday the 22nd. I doubt it's getting canceled.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#57 Post by Miss Q »

i went on the CBS site today ans it shows Blue Bloods as a Friday night series again..... I guess they moved it back...
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#58 Post by Shermy »

The Wednesday move was just an experiment to see how well it would perform in a stronger timeslot. It retained a solid audience, but simply doesn't carry much appeal among the 18-49 demo.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't renewed for season two, though, as it's been one of CBS' most reliable new shows.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#59 Post by J.J. Walters »

Lord "George" Byron does him in. :)

I'm starting to feel this show a little bit now. It sure has a great cast. I really like Bridget Moynahan and Nicholas Turturro. And Donnie Wahlberg really grows on you. I can't believe this is the same guy who was in New Kids on the Block!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#60 Post by Steve »

I just kept thinking during last nights episode, yes, maybe Frank will get out of his stoic funk and as his daughter, his father and the Mayor's new PR director said, have some fun! I'm sensing something going on between Frank and the PR director (what happened to the blonde reporter?). The chemistry between Wahlberg and Esposito is on fire and I am always happy to see them on screen. It is such an incredibly strong cast with Selleck, Wahlberg, Esposito, Moynahan and even the under utilized Len Cariou and especially Nicholas Turturro that the writers can keep pumping out great charachter driven stories for years..............