Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Re: Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

#531 Post by golfmobile »

ROTFLMAO!! Okay, you got us good on that one!!!
"Portside, buddy."

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#532 Post by ConchRepublican »

:magnum:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#533 Post by KENJI »

Larry's ring was front and center in his scene with Carol Burnett.
There is also a shot of Pahonu's tidal pool at the very end of the show too.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#534 Post by ConchRepublican »

KENJI wrote:Larry's ring was front and center in his scene with Carol Burnett.
Rabbit Island as well, right?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#535 Post by KENJI »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Hi Conch,

You're right, Rabbit Island as well.
That hike is very rewarding to do....great views from up there. The cast and crew took the short cut........a private service road that would've had them up there in no time.

I enjoyed your Larry response, too funny!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#536 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
Hi Conch,

You're right, Rabbit Island as well.
That hike is very rewarding to do....great views from up there. The cast and crew took the short cut........a private service road that would've had them up there in no time.

I enjoyed your Larry response, too funny!
Did you notice in the shot of the tidal pool from above that it seems like the area going out into the ocean from the access opening is bare of vegetation and coral. I wonder if that was done naturally or by choice.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#537 Post by KENJI »

I just found this bit of interesting info.....
It appears Larry Manetti's son, Lorenzo is a writer's assistant for the show working on 22 episodes and a few these episodes starred his father, Larry.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1760808/

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#538 Post by 308GUY »

Anybody else get a kick outa seeing "Island Hoppers" chopper used by the 5-O gang? I just had to point it out to the wife when they panned past it on the landing strip. Then I had to laugh out loud when that was the one they chose to go look for Lou. The shots from above the chopper out over the ocean and against the mountain backdrops.....was really reminiscent of MPI, at least for me.

Has to be a "nod" to MPI.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#539 Post by Steve »

308GUY wrote:Anybody else get a kick outa seeing "Island Hoppers" chopper used by the 5-O gang? I just had to point it out to the wife when they panned past it on the landing strip. Then I had to laugh out loud when that was the one they chose to go look for Lou. The shots from above the chopper out over the ocean and against the mountain backdrops.....was really reminiscent of MPI, at least for me.

Has to be a "nod" to MPI.
Yep, caught that......I thought it would have been funny if the pilot that McGarrett took over from would have been Roger Mosley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#540 Post by 308GUY »

Steve wrote:
Yep, caught that......I thought it would have been funny if the pilot that McGarrett took over from would have been Roger Mosley
I half expected it to be him! :lol:

Was a pretty good episode, I thought.

I still like seeing the scenery, the lush foliage, the mountains, the ocean etc.,etc.. Just something about it.....the colors seem more "vibrant", more intense. Greens are greener, blues are bluer.....no.....I haven't been smokin anything! :lol:

I guess Roger is getting up there in years, but how old can you be and still fly a stationary prop chopper?

Found myself also wondering if that particular chopper was one of the ones with the "Magnum Edition" gauge cluster.

Now if they could somehow get the estate back in the picture...... :magnum:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#541 Post by KENJI »

Okay, that last episode was one of the dumbest I've seen in awhile......an Ironman knock off, a computer generated elephant and the police station being attacked yet again has me shaking my head. Sometimes I wonder about who is writing for this show and what were they thinking.......I can picture the cast reading their scripts and rolling their eyes. :roll: I still enjoy the Hawaiian scenery though so I keep tuning in even when then storyline gets ridiculous.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#542 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:Okay, that last episode was one of the dumbest I've seen in awhile......an Ironman knock off, a computer generated elephant and the police station being attacked yet again has me shaking my head. Sometimes I wonder about who is writing for this show and what were they thinking.......I can picture the cast reading their scripts and rolling their eyes. :roll: I still enjoy the Hawaiian scenery though so I keep tuning in even when then storyline gets ridiculous.
I agree, I was cringing thru the entire episode. I just keep hoping that they will someday have a Blue Bloods crossover episode with Tom Selleck as a guest star. Kenji, did you see the episode a while back with Elisa Dulce Hoopai. Gives me hope to keep watching (that and the scenery)

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#543 Post by 308GUY »

KENJI wrote:Okay, that last episode was one of the dumbest I've seen in awhile......an Ironman knock off, a computer generated elephant and the police station being attacked yet again has me shaking my head. Sometimes I wonder about who is writing for this show and what were they thinking.......I can picture the cast reading their scripts and rolling their eyes. :roll: I still enjoy the Hawaiian scenery though so I keep tuning in even when then storyline gets ridiculous.
Quoted for truth and emphasis!

Had the same reaction, do you figure Jack Lord is spinning in his grave?

I too still enjoy the Hawaiian scenery, but that was about the only saving grace of last nights episode! :magnum:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#544 Post by KENJI »

308GUY wrote:
Quoted for truth and emphasis!

Had the same reaction, do you figure Jack Lord is spinning in his grave?

I too still enjoy the Hawaiian scenery, but that was about the only saving grace of last nights episode! :magnum:
Steve wrote:
I agree, I was cringing thru the entire episode. I just keep hoping that they will someday have a Blue Bloods crossover episode with Tom Selleck as a guest star. Kenji, did you see the episode a while back with Elisa Dulce Hoopai. Gives me hope to keep watching (that and the scenery)
Hi Steve,

Yes I did catch that episode with Elisa and it was one of the better ones.....I'm going to check out who wrote that one and who wrote last nights episode......I hope it's not the same person! The cast must get nervous when the writers come up with the an Iron Man like character.....what's next, a Spider Man burglar who swings from one hotel high rise to the next......viewers will eventually tune out, even with the beautiful scenery that keeps us hypnotized. Another scene from last night that had me shaking my head was when the team were HIDING in the field. Wearing black mixed with a few Hawaiian shirts in a beige colored dried out field at a distance of about 60 feet doesn't give you any sort of camouflage and element of surprise........I get that it's only a tv show, but try and make an effort to make the scene somewhat real/believable....it doesn't have to be perfect......maybe only have Kono (the team sniper) hiding out there in real camo (even covered in field grass) blending in the terrain and the rest of the team hiding further back over a ridge or in some trees.

Hi 308GUY,

I vaguely remember Jack Lord being cremated and his ashes scattered in the ocean which is a good thing otherwise he would be rolling in his grave and possibly climbing out in search of the writers who are tarnishing the show.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#545 Post by 308GUY »

KENJI wrote:Hi 308GUY,

I vaguely remember Jack Lord being cremated and his ashes scattered in the ocean which is a good thing otherwise he would be rolling in his grave and possibly climbing out in search of the writers who are tarnishing the show.
Well, I guess maybe he'd be churning in the tidal pool then? :lol:

I do kinda wonder what his take on something like that episode would've been though.

Oh well, it IS television after all! :lol: