Psych

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Psych

#1 Post by Doc Ibold »

On last nights episode, "Risk Takers and Hell Raisers", the main character Sean, who is testing his partner Gus' new girlfriend because he doesnt trust her. Among the questions, Whats your favorite color, whats your favorite dessert.

And finally

"What's your favorite Magnum PI episode"

Her answer "Did You See the Sunrise pt. 1"

Sean winces and says "Good Answer.... What's your second favorite?"

Her answer "Did You See the Sunrise pt. 2".

Then at the end, when he's trying to kiss up to the girlfriend and become the 3rd wheel in the relationship, He runs up to Gus and the GF and exclaims "Hey guys, I finally saw "Did You See The Sunrise pt. 2!!!"

I thought that was pretty cool.

And no, its not a Bellasario show

:lol:

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#2 Post by Jeffrey »

I dont know the show but that sounds pretty cool! :)
Any clips of that on i-net?
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

Off to hulu I go . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Well done!

Seems like psych will be added to the DVR menu . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I looked on IMDB and they are replaying this episode twice on Friday. Those with a DVR may want to set it!

ConchRepublican

Geek alert!

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:I looked on IMDB and they are replaying this episode twice on Friday. Those with a DVR may want to set it!
I hope it doesn't conflict with the Smallville 2 hour movie special featuring the Justice Society of America!

Yes, I earned that geek alert . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

They did have Friday listed. Now these are the listings:

Sat. Feb. 6 10:00 AM USA Thrill Seekers and Hell Raisers
Mon. Feb. 8 11:05 PM USA Thrill Seekers and Hell Raisers

I am assuming these are EST.

Mark R.Y.
Captain

#8 Post by Mark R.Y. »

In addition, right after naming "Sunrise pt. 2" as her second favorite Magnum, she says, "Wait, reverse that," placing it as her favorite (as if just remembering that the awesome badass moment occurs right at the end of pt. 2.) The guys behind "Psych" must be true Magnum fans to get that detail right!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: Psych

#9 Post by Doc Ibold »

One other Magnum related point on Psych.

Last night Shawn and Gus went undercover in a food truck to investigate the murder of their favorite food truck owner.

Their favorite - MACHO TACOS. Coincidenece, I think not.

This is the final season (8) and I started noticing parallels to Magnum Season 8 where everyone starts moving on with their lives.

Kinda depressing!

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by MagnumILWU »

Doc Ibold wrote:One other Magnum related point on Psych.

Last night Shawn and Gus went undercover in a food truck to investigate the murder of their favorite food truck owner.

Their favorite - MACHO TACOS. Coincidenece, I think not.

This is the final season (8) and I started noticing parallels to Magnum Season 8 where everyone starts moving on with their lives.

Kinda depressing!
If you watch the scene where Shawn and Gus find out the owner of their favorite food cart, Macho Taco, is dead, it has nothing to do with Magnum. They are actually doing the Sean Penn character from Mystic River!
"pickled egg please"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#11 Post by Doc Ibold »

You may have a point there, but in several commentaries on the Season DVDs they have referred to Magnum with comments that they aren't passing fans of the show as an 80s fad and in some instances of the show they have even mentioned it.

It may be a nod to Mystic River, but would be fun if the Macho Taco was a slight homage as well.

Oh well, maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

I do think the similarities of the series progressions are pretty similar, and I like that.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by MagnumILWU »

What I see or feel about a certain episode or series, is not what you or someone else is going to. I guess I could have stated it a little better! For what you get from it, is as important, as what I , or anyone else does!
"pickled egg please"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#13 Post by Doc Ibold »

MagnumILWU wrote:What I see or feel about a certain episode or series, is not what you or someone else is going to. I guess I could have stated it a little better! For what you get from it, is as important, as what I , or anyone else does!
Not arguing with you, Magnum ILWU. I've never even seen Mystic River, so I have no frame to base it on. I could see it tomorrow and say "Yup, that's totally from Mystic River". I just keyed on on the Macho Tacos and likened it to Magnum because I know Roday and Hill are fans. Nor am I trying to tell you what your opinion should or shouldn't be.

Next on the list of movies to see.. Mystic River!

:magnum:

MikeS
Admiral

#14 Post by MikeS »

If you watched Psych and enjoyed it you will be happy to learn there is a new 2hr Psych movie coming out in December (2017) on USA (I believe) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6868216/

I was saddened to hear that Timothy Omundson suffered a stroke recently and that some of the movie had to be rewritten, not sure what exactly that means for Lassiter but I hope Tim recovers fully, he's only 48 or so.

Hill and Roday were at FanX 2017 doing a panel Q&A - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUSJA-GdWLQ
MikeS

MikeS
Admiral

#15 Post by MikeS »

Psych: The Movie will be on tonight, Dec. 07, 2017, on USA. Check your local listings if interested :)
MikeS