Simon & Simon DVDs

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: Simon & Simon DVDs

#141 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I'm cool with some reviews for S&S on Magnum Mania. S&S is a show that's been on my "to watch list" forever, but it's not on TV. The first 3 seasons are on Hulu, but Hulu and my isp don't get along so great. :(

I agree that Parker's blog is a good read.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#142 Post by Little Garwood »

I'm not sure if Shout! Factory, the company that's released many DVD sets has a streaming service...

Today is Jameson Parker's 70th birthday. In fact, both of the Simon brothers actors are 70 now.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#143 Post by Nikita70 »

Been a fan of S & S for years. I have the first four seasons on dvd but unfortunately Shout decided for seasons 5-8 that they would not include closed captioning....so I will not buy them. Too bad really, I’d love to have them. Great show.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#144 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Hey Garwood. Any chance you could update the earlier posts with the photo bucket fix discussed in the main forum?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#145 Post by Pahonu »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:S&S is a show that's been on my "to watch list" forever, but it's not on TV.
I've just watched a couple of episodes I DVR'd off Cozi TV. I think it's on after midnight. One was about John Dillinger still being alive.

Styles Bitchley

#146 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Pahonu wrote: I've just watched a couple of episodes I DVR'd off Cozi TV. I think it's on after midnight. One was about John Dillinger still being alive.
Saw that one recently too! Love that show.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Styles Bitchley

#147 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Little Garwood wrote:In the ongoing search for decently-sized Simon & Simon promotional photos, I submit the following:

More to come...
Trying the photobucket fix myself for this...not working for some reason.

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#148 Post by Sam »

Hi Styles.... it works fine for me,I'm halfway through the Robin's Nest thread.

Styles Bitchley

#149 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Sam wrote:Hi Styles.... it works fine for me,I'm halfway through the Robin's Nest thread.
Maybe you have to be the original poster? I just tried quoting Garwood's text. Kudos to you for taking on that big project!

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#150 Post by Sam »

Yeah Styles only the original poster can edit a post.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#151 Post by Little Garwood »

I deleted my Photobucket account in disgust when they went Cosa Nostra, so the photos, while saved elsewhere, would no longer be visible on that wretched company's site.

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley

#152 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Little Garwood wrote:I deleted my Photobucket account in disgust when they went Cosa Nostra, so the photos, while saved elsewhere, would no longer be visible on that wretched company's site.
I hear ya. That was the ultimate bait and switch.

- J.Q.H.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#153 Post by Little Garwood »

I'm trying to identify an Aloha shirt worn by Rick Simon throughout seasons five and eight of Simon & Simon. It looks a lot like TM's legendary "Jungle Bird" shirt, right down to the red, green, and lavender color combination, but it is in fact a different shirt.

IMDb has a screen cap of Rick wearing the shirt in the season five episode The Third Eye.

Can anyone identify which brand it is?

Rick also wears a black background-colored shirt in "Ki'i's Don't Lie", which I also like.

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley

#154 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Little Garwood wrote:I'm trying to identify an Aloha shirt worn by Rick Simon throughout seasons five and eight of Simon & Simon. It looks a lot like TM's legendary "Jungle Bird" shirt, right down to the red, green, and lavender color combination, but it is in fact a different shirt.

IMDb has a screen cap of Rick wearing the shirt in the season five episode The Third Eye.

Can anyone identify which brand it is?

Rick also wears a black background-colored shirt in "Ki'i's Don't Lie", which I also like.
Never noticed the similarity, you're right. But certainly a different shirt.

- J.Q.H.

Styles Bitchley

#155 Post by Styles Bitchley »

...and since Gar has revived this thread, I'll give a shout out to Gerald McRaney's acting chops in the relatively new show This is Us. I was surprised how solid he is whenever he's on screen (not too much). He even won his first Emmy.

- J.Q.H.