Simon & Simon DVDs

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#21 Post by Styles Bitchley »

N1095A wrote:Image
Hey James, we need a like button! :D
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#22 Post by N1095A »

I'm truly disappointed that's not my garage :cry:
Last edited by N1095A on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

N1095A

How cool is this?

#23 Post by N1095A »

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by Majordomo »

Gotta get the theme song kickin' in this thread!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDhz_mVcVCQ

N1095A

#25 Post by N1095A »

I always liked the original theme better. Not as Rockin', but just seemed to fit better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAm4LxYcFSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-cv72CQ ... re=related

:D

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#26 Post by Mr. Greene »

this was such a great show, Ialthough I lived in San Diego it wasnt until I went to Hawaii in 1984 that I got to meet Gerald MacRaney. it was pretty cool for a 14 year old kid to meet the star of his favorite tv show

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Seaver41 »

definitely one of the best themes ever.....

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#28 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Sometimes when I'm at a Red Sox game, they play the theme song for about 30 seconds while there's a break in the action. :D 8)

Styles Bitchley

#29 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Seaver41 wrote:definitely one of the best themes ever.....
Right up there with Welcome Back Kotter and WKRP in Cincinnati.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Little Garwood »

I just bought S4 of Simon & Simon and I have S2 and S3 on the way. I hope we can further discuss MPI's "Neighbor" on this forum because of the obvious MPI connection and its long-time Thursday night association with Magnum.

It's really been fun watching these again. The reason I bought S4 first is because of the episode "Who Killed the Sixties." It may not have been the first time I heard the song "California Dreamin" but for some reason it just connected with me when playing over the start of that episode, which is not a great episode of the show, but one where we learn a lot about the Simons in their younger years.

It's great that all eight seasons of the show are now on DVD!
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley

#31 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Little Garwood wrote:It's great that all eight seasons of the show are now on DVD!
Wow, awesome news! I can't wait to revisit this show.

I know what you mean about the musical connection. For some reason, the episode that features Hey Jude (did they actually get the rights to air the Beatles version? I can't remember) has stuck with me ever since the original broadcast. I've never seen it since though. Don't even know what episode it is.

- J.Q.H.

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#32 Post by Mr. Greene »

Finally have seasons 6,7,8 on the way. Now I will have the complete sets of both of my all time favorite shows. Can't wait to relive Thursday nights of the past.
I only wish there was a website like this for S&S. or I had the skill to make one.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Little Garwood »

I stopped watching Simon & Simon after season four (1984-85). I would have been 13-14 during that time and so it is a show I associate with my middle school years. I've since read that the later seasons, particularly the last two (7 and 8 were more serious in tone. The "Miami Vice-ification" of S&S and MPI are part of what kept me away from TV at that time, though I rarely watched any TV during my high school years.

I have since been proven wrong about MPI being all like "Death and Taxes" and "Laura" and I have come to enjoy those episodes but I also look forward to seeing Simon & Simon's last seasons. Any thoughts on those episodes? Are they worth watching?

Seasons 2 and 3 should be arriving today and like many here, I fully intend to recreate those Thursday nights of my youth when Magnum and the Simons ruled the TV roost! I will begin with the crossover episodes and then do double features of MPI and the Simons according to their broadcast dates; I can't wait!

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley

#34 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Little Garwood wrote:Seasons 2 and 3 should be arriving today and like many here, I fully intend to recreate those Thursday nights of my youth when Magnum and the Simons ruled the TV roost! I will begin with the crossover episodes and then do double features of MPI and the Simons according to their broadcast dates; I can't wait!
Very jealous. Looking forward to purchasing my own copies. You buy on Amazon?

- J.Q.H.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Little Garwood »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Very jealous. Looking forward to purchasing my own copies. You buy on Amazon?
I recommend purchasing directly from Shout Factory, the company that released seasons 2-8. Season two and season three are only $20.49 each. That's about eighteen Dollars less than Amazon's price. Even with shipping and tax it's MUCH less to buy from Shout.

~Tom Selleck