Quantum leap

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

Quantum leap

#1 Post by N1095A »

I'm watching Quantum Leap's first episode on NBC.com. In the episode Sam is remembering certain things from his life, he says he has a sister Kate who married a naval officer named Jim Bonnic, and they live in Hawaii.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by lutherhgillis »

QL was a great show. I watched it regularly. Bellasario was the greatest!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Nice little Magnum tie in.

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MPS »

Have to start watching more "vintage" TV. It's spring break for me, so NBC.com, here I come.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#5 Post by Tom_Magnum »

Quantum Leap was a great show, and in Canada VisionTV shows reruns! YES!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by lutherhgillis »

Why didn't Sam jump into Hawaii and find out who the real Robin Masters is?

Hey, what if Sam leaped into Robin Masters and revealed everything about him (from an MPI perspective, of course)? Would this be considered leaping the shark???

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Zudobug
Lieutenant Commander

#7 Post by Zudobug »

I'm a big fan of Quantum Leap and rate it as my joint favourite Bellisario show along with Magnum P.I.

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

I spotted the MPI connection in the Pilot some years ago. Although at other times, MPI is fictional - in the second season episode 'Another Mother', a young girl is watching MPI on TV.

Anyway, it's a great show, one that really has the classic Bellisario touch. It's also good for spotting a whole load of guest actors who also did MPI.

There have been rumours for many years that there was to be an episode where Sam leapt into Magnum. I've never been sure how true these rumours were, or if it would have worked, but it's an interesting idea.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#9 Post by Tom_Magnum »

These two are the greatest shows that Donald P. Bellisario ever created: Magnum PI and Quantum Leap! Too bad Quantum Leap didnt last more than 100 episodes.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by MACattack »

I have seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. I've always loved this show, almost as much as MPI. Scott Bakula was great on Enterprise" as well.
I just don't give a damn!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by MACattack »

Dean Stockwell was on an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise with Scott Bakula. It was like a subliminal reunion, just like the Las Vegas episode "When life hands you lemon bars..." (with Selleck, Mosley, & Manetti!!!).

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by MACattack »

I have to admit, I've been watching this series more lately, but thats only because I just purchased season 3. I've had all 8 seasons of MPI for awhile now.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Re: Quantum leap

#13 Post by MagnumILWU »

Watching reruns of Quantum Leap on Esquire channel. The episode is, Permanent Wave-June 2,1983, first aired Oct 16, 1991. About halfway through the episode, they are in a house, arguing about a killer the little boy saw! I was half asleep, when I heard Higgins voice in the background. I realize then, an episode of Magnum was on the TV, playing in the background. I couldn't quite catch which one it was. But I believe I heard Higgins say; " How could you do it Magnum"(?). So, has anybody else seen/heard this before? Or know which episode it was? Aloha
"pickled egg please"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

MagnumILWU wrote:Watching reruns of Quantum Leap on Esquire channel. The episode is, Permanent Wave-June 2,1983, first aired Oct 16, 1991. About halfway through the episode, they are in a house, arguing about a killer the little boy saw! I was half asleep, when I heard Higgins voice in the background. I realize then, an episode of Magnum was on the TV, playing in the background. I couldn't quite catch which one it was. But I believe I heard Higgins say; " How could you do it Magnum"(?). So, has anybody else seen/heard this before? Or know which episode it was? Aloha

Jay-Firestorm mentions something similar in his review of The Black Orchid here:

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... eap#p16096
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

BWheelz54
Admiral

#15 Post by BWheelz54 »

I'm near to finishing watching all the episodes of QL on Netflix. I don't know where my mind was back when this show was on television. I didn't watch it all when it first aired on television. I was seventeen at the time, so I was probably going crazy with girls at the time. I sure missed out. Love the show! There are episodes on QL that are as great as tv gets - period. I've hopped over and checked out the fan website for Quantum Leap a few times. Mean no offense to them, but Magnum Mania blows it out of the water. Hate getting to the end of QL in my viewing, and count me among those who dream what might have been had Sam completed that leap onto the Robin's Nest back in the day.