Quantum leap

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

Re: Quantum leap

#16 Post by Seaver41 »

sadly Netflix doesn't have some of the crucial episodes in the final season, including the finale.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#17 Post by Doc Ibold »

Seaver41 wrote:sadly Netflix doesn't have some of the crucial episodes in the final season, including the finale.
Or the pilot episode

eltonsean
Captain

#18 Post by eltonsean »

MagnumILWU wrote:Watching reruns of Quantum Leap on Esquire channel. The episode is, Permanent Wave-June 2,1983, first aired Oct 16, 1991. About halfway through the episode, they are in a house, arguing about a killer the little boy saw! I was half asleep, when I heard Higgins voice in the background. I realize then, an episode of Magnum was on the TV, playing in the background. I couldn't quite catch which one it was. But I believe I heard Higgins say; " How could you do it Magnum"(?). So, has anybody else seen/heard this before? Or know which episode it was? Aloha
MagnumILWU, i re-watched the episode of "Quantum Leap" you mentioned (season 4, episode 5 "Permanent Wave") and i found the seen at 25 minutes into the episode. It's definitely a scene from "Magnum" heard from a tv off screen featuring Higgins and Magnum. Higgins is mentioning how Magnum had sent a cable to Robin Masters letting him know that the security was impenetrable. I found the original scene from "Magnum"! It's a scene taken from the pilot episode of "Magnum". You can find it in part 2 of "Don't eat the snow in Hawaii". On the DVD version, the conversation can be seen starting at 38:14 minutes.
This was a much more tricky "Magnum" insert than the other "Quantum Leap" episode from season 2, episode 13 "Another Mother". Bellisario is awesome!
"Living well is the best revenge".

eltonsean
Captain

#19 Post by eltonsean »

ConchRepublican wrote:
MagnumILWU wrote:Watching reruns of Quantum Leap on Esquire channel. The episode is, Permanent Wave-June 2,1983, first aired Oct 16, 1991.

Jay-Firestorm mentions something similar in his review of The Black Orchid here:

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... eap#p16096
ConchRepublican, The episode Jay-Firestorm is discussing actually happens on a separate Quantum Leap episode entitled "Another Mother" from season 2. That particular Quantum Leap episode actually shows footage of "The black Orchid" from MPI on that QL episode and the characters on QL comment on Magnum. It's great :magnum:
"Living well is the best revenge".