The A-Team Fans!

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by MACattack »

I saw a trailer for the A-Team movie on Youtube. It looks pretty cool, but it I still feel that if they ever do a MAGNUM movie, that it should be with the original cast.
I just don't give a damn!

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#22 Post by Jeffrey »

There has been released a new trailer (longer) for The A-Team movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1pPPEpDyE

Looks pretty cool... Wont be the same without Peppard,Schultz, Benedict and T... but I think this movie is that bad.
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by MACattack »

Didn't Peppard die? Oh well, it will be pretty bad without Mr. T. though. It's just like Magnum without TS. I pity the fool!!!!

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by Jeffrey »

Peppard died in 1994. I just ment to say that they cant make it work as the 'real' A-team.

I noticed a typo in my earlier post.
Looks pretty cool... Wont be the same without Peppard,Schultz, Benedict and T... but I think this movie ISN'T that bad.
:P
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by MACattack »

It is what is. But it's an omen for what may happen to the Magnaverse.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#26 Post by J.J. Walters »

Jeffrey wrote:There has been released a new trailer (longer) for The A-Team movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1pPPEpDyE
It's hard to tell if a movie is going to be good or not based on just the trailer, but man does that look great!

I don't know who Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson is, but he is huge! Looks like a great choice for B.A.! And the guy playing Murdock looks like a dead ringer for Dwight Schultz.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#27 Post by Italian Ice »

I saw the trailer......hard to say anything really....
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#28 Post by Tom_Magnum »

Man, I'm really hoping that The A-Team movie's good because I've been waiting since 2007 for this moment to come! Less than a month until it comes out! Which actor do you think will do the best as the A-Team character? I think all four of them look good!

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#29 Post by Jeffrey »

I think Bradley Cooper can do a pretty good Face... And I hear Dwight Schultz was pretty enthousiastic about Sharlto Copley... I dont know about the others... I'll have to see it I gues :P

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#30 Post by Tom_Magnum »

Ya, Bradley Cooper looks pretty convincing as Face. And did Dwight Schultz say that? Well, now I really CAN'T wait!!!! I think Liam Neeson looks to be a good Hannibal, and Rampage looks alright. Before Sharlto Copley got the part of Murdock, Chris Pine from Star Trek wanted to play Murdock!

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#31 Post by Jeffrey »

Sharlto Copely, the South African actor who plays Murdock, is according to Dwight: 'brilliant beyond words'. Dwight has seen his screen test and he stated: that honestly, if Sharlto is given an opportunity to do what I saw in that test, "Murdock" will be better than ever!' Sharlto has been very kind to him on the set and Dwight must say that he has been treated very well.
Source is dwightschultz.nl - the official fansite.

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#32 Post by Shermy »

I always thought Mel Gibson would've been a great Hannibal- assuming they had gone the "all-star cast" route that was rumored for years. He would've been ideally suited for the cigar-chomping, Bugs Bunny aspect of the character.

Jim Carrey was usually tipped as the obvious choice for Murdock, but I actually thought Owen Wilson would've been an interesting choice. Ironically, Sharlto Copely reminds me of Wilson- at least from what little I've seen of him in the film.

Anyway, this does look surprisingly good and seems to have a nice amount of buzz going for it. Unfortunately, if it ends up doing well, it will likely convince the studio to move forward with a Magnum P.I. film...but with a younger cast.

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#33 Post by Jeffrey »

The movie was nice. I've seen it yesterday.

There was a great deal of action and comedy, and the plot was OK. The one thing I didn't like, was that they putted the scenes with Dwight Schultz and Dirk Benedict behind the endcredits. I think it kind of disrepectfull.

After the very, very long endcredits (and lot people that are already gone) we get to the two very short scenes with Dwight and Dirk (in a total of plusminus 30sec).

Carmen
MPI

#34 Post by Carmen »

saw the movie last night, think it was pretty good - at least not as bad as they wrote it would be - No, that came out wrong... hmmm
the plot was kind of lame, but I did not expect something great, and most of the action scenes were somewhat over the top,but you don´t have to take that kind of stuff too serious so all in all 2 hours of goodtime
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#35 Post by Shermy »

I've recently been watching the first two seasons and am a little surprised by how well the show holds up. Yes, it's silly and the writing is by no means great, but the characters are so much fun it doesn't really matter.

I also watched the lone dvd extra- a brief interview with Stephen J. Cannell- that was included with the season five set. He gives a small shoutout to Bellisario and Magnum- crediting them for being the first show to portray Vietnam vets in a positive manner. (Cannell admits he made no conscious decision to do the same with the members of the A-Team. He was simply throwing out ideas to see what would stick...and actually wondered if the idea would end up hurting the show's chance for success!)