Blue Bloods on CBS

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Blue Bloods on CBS

#151 Post by ConchRepublican »

I never understand how adding Lorraine Bracco to anything is a recipe for success.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#152 Post by Frodoleader »

Hi guys. Been forever and a day since I posted here.
So Friday night is the season opener for BB, which we watch religiously. I missed the first 30 minutes of the show due to my regular Friday evening gig working at high school football games. I joined the wife around the time Danny had one his meetings with the shrink. Then the matter of Linda's death comes up. I turn to the wife and ask, "Linda's dead?!?" To which she states that this was the first she heard of it. Then we thought we missed an episode. No, that is tonight's show. So for the next few hours my head is spinning. First because I've always liked Amy Carlson. Two because I especially like the Linda character, being a non-Reagan and all.
I have to say without any concrete proof to the contrary, it has to be a contract dispute or fatigue with the role/series. I was also kind of hoping that Linda is actually in the hospital in a coma and will be brought back into the show when the contract issues were resolved. But they did say died in the crash correct?
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#153 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I have to say without any concrete proof to the contrary, it has to be a contract dispute or fatigue with the role/series.
Don't know how credible this is, but someone who claims to be a crew member on the show posted on facebook that is exactly what happened. Her contract was up, she wanted a raise, CBS made a counteroffer and she refused. Supposedly it came down to the last minute. It's interesting that the show and network were able to keep a lid on it, but couldn't do the same with Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park's exits on Hawaii Five-0. I liked Linda, but it seemed like she was barely in season 7. Maybe the actress didn't want to make a full time commitment to what had become a very part time role unless the network upped the money.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#154 Post by Lily »

Read that Linda's fast demise was due to a review re budget cuts. Amy Carlson posted a letter, thanking everyone for the time she had spent on Blue Bloods but gave no reason why she had left.

Agree with everyone who wondered when it was said Linda had died in a helicopter crash, if an episode had been missed. Strange way of doing things! Think a big mistake has been made by killing off Linda. If budgets had to be trimmed, one character they could easily have written out is Erin's daughter as she could have gone away to another college or university.

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#155 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

The actress wanted out. She said the character had gone as far as it could go. Selleck didn't sign his season 7 & 8 contract until the day before shooting started. What a conundrum that would have been.
Faith and Begorrah!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#156 Post by Steve »

Lily wrote:Read that Linda's fast demise was due to a review re budget cuts. Amy Carlson posted a letter, thanking everyone for the time she had spent on Blue Bloods but gave no reason why she had left.

Agree with everyone who wondered when it was said Linda had died in a helicopter crash, if an episode had been missed. Strange way of doing things! Think a big mistake has been made by killing off Linda. If budgets had to be trimmed, one character they could easily have written out is Erin's daughter as she could have gone away to another college or university.
How about writing out Danny's two sons. Have they ever even had a story line?

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#157 Post by eagle »

ConchRepublican wrote:I never understand how adding Lorraine Bracco to anything is a recipe for success.
I've never seen her in any show before, but I think I agree with you.

ConchRepublican

#158 Post by ConchRepublican »

eagle wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:I never understand how adding Lorraine Bracco to anything is a recipe for success.
She was Tony Soprano's Dr. in The Sopranos and prior to that I remember her opposite the great Sean Connery in Medicine Man. Check out this wonderful exchange.

https://youtu.be/ek8NmpVBssA
CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#159 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:
eagle wrote:
She was Tony Soprano's Dr. in The Sopranos and prior to that I remember her opposite the great Sean Connery in Medicine Man. Check out this wonderful exchange.

She was okay in Goodfellas but so far I don't see any chemistry between her and Frank. I always loved when Bebe Neuwirth was on the show, there were sparks flying off of the tv screen when her and Tom had scenes together............

ConchRepublican

#160 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
eagle wrote: I've never seen her in any show before, but I think I agree with you.

She was okay in Goodfellas but so far I don't see any chemistry between her and Frank. I always loved when Bebe Neuwirth was on the show, there were sparks flying off of the tv screen when her and Tom had scenes together............

I agree about Bebe Neuwirth, that woman has chops.
CoziTV Superfan spot

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#161 Post by marlboro »

ConchRepublican wrote:

I agree about Bebe Neuwirth, that woman has chops.

As a kid I never realized it, but watching reruns of Cheers now, I have to say that Lilith was a lot hotter than Rebecca.

That's all I have to add to this conversation.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#162 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

So Mimi Rogers (aka Margo Perina) paints Frank Reagan's portrait as Magnum! LOL!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#163 Post by Steve »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:So Mimi Rogers (aka Margo Perina) paints Frank Reagan's portrait as Magnum! LOL!
I was trying to see if that ring on his right finger might have been a team ring. Mimi and Tom have such a history working together that I hope she has a recurring role..........

By the way, last nights episode was number 161 for Blue Bloods...That ties the Magnum total if you count Resolutions as one episode instead of two as it originally aired........

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#164 Post by Lily »

Would really like to see Mimi Rogers return to play a love interest for TS! Yes I know, a typical woman's comment! But just loved to see the softer looking side of TS in his last few scenes with Mimi Rogers .

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#165 Post by terryfromkerry »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhiMtVLWt8E

Hi mania siblings,

I hope this plays at your geographic location.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".