"No Remorse" -- didya see it?

The novels & the movies

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#11 Post by Styles Bitchley »

MACattack wrote:I haven't seen the movie yet.

But I have a theory why he was looking at his watch. To see if it was time to watch MAGNUM P.I.!
Nice one Mac! :lol:
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#12 Post by wdm »

Has anyone seen this website for a replica GMT? http://www.watchesal.com/ROLEX-GMT_MASTER_II-40167.html I wonder how the quality is?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#13 Post by golfmobile »

wdm,

That looks pretty good! Good price too. But it states not to swim with it. Who wants a dive watch you can't go swimming with? But, still, you might get away with it, because I got this one (I prefer gold to stainless steel)

Yachtmaster

and was told specifically that its "water-resistance" meant it PROBABLY wouldn't hurt it if it got splashed but not to actually swim with it, and I've been snorkeling with it three times and it's still going strong. The only thing slightly weird about it is that it's "kinetic" (wrist-movement-winding), and if I don't wear it for 36 hours (take it off and leave it just sitting there), it doesn't hold the "charge" more than about 16 hours. I have to wear it every day or it stops. To get it going again, I have to swing it around in a horizontal (?!!!?) circle 31 (!?!?!?!) times and it's wound. But it's still my favorite watch.

golf

P.S. For those of you who didn't see it, a lot of times a network, such as CBS in this case, will allow a show to be viewed online after it has shown on TV (like you can watch past episodes of shows you've missed). I do NOT know if CBS made-for-TV movies have the same option, but depending on whether or not you are willing to pay to watch it, just Google "jesse stone no remorse watch online," and there are quite a few places that SAY "watch free" but then you have to pay to join some membership or other. Depending on cost, it might be worth it. If you can download it, you can keep it, and if you can keep it on your computer, you can convert it to DVD format (there are freeware programs that can convert .avi, etc., to DVD format) and then burn a DVD. If anyone can get it downloaded but not converted, let me know and I will help you -- if you can send me the file (or upload it online somewhere that I can get to it), I can make you a DVD.
"Portside, buddy."

wdm
Vice Admiral

#14 Post by wdm »

Thanks so much. I may have to buy one.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Steve »

I watched it and have to say that these movies have truly grown on me. It was hard to adjust to the full of angst Jesse character at first but he really pulls you into his world and has you rooting for him (with much thanks to Reggie the dog). What I really like about the Jesse Stone movies are the top notch supporting actors TS has surrounded himself with. A true testament to what a great thespian our boy is that a William Devane, Kathy Baker, Stephen Mchattie, etc. want to participate..........

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by only looking »

SOB....I MISSED IT!!!! :twisted: DAMN!!!! Really hoping they rerun it...or CBS puts it on their site..so far no luck..if anyone sees a site with it where it can be viewed..PLEASE post the link here
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#17 Post by Agatha »

I'm pretty sure that they run made-for-TV movies several times after they're first aired. We'll probably get another shot at it. Unless, of course, you're SelleckLover and have watched it 3 times already!! Then you don't need another shot at watching it!!

I'm GREEN with envy!!

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#18 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I have it Tivo'd. I think it will be the weekend before I can get to it.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Little Garwood »

I watched it, enjoyed it and would see it again. However, the JESSE STONE movies don't lend themselves to "good feelings", do they? Such dark material! I appreciated the increased humor, low-key as it may be, and the coffee motif was hilarious! He had a different cup in every single scene!

I wish Tom would do these more regularly, like Peter Falk used to do with COLUMBO. Four Jesse Stone movies a year would be wonderful.

BTW, as someone accustomed to watching older TV shows and virtually no new TV, it took every ounce of strength in my being to not turn off the TV because of the sickening commercial-to-actual-show ratio! For every seven minutes of Jesse Stone, there were five minutes of commercials. I couldn't stand it!!! I guess that's what Tivo is for...how anyone can endure that Madison Avenue onslaught is beyond me.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#20 Post by Agatha »

Hear, hear, Little Garwood!! I watch a lot of DVDs and Videos since I moved to this little pocket of the earth that doesn't have cable access. I actually had to call my friend back and apologize for telling her that...because it was a TV movie...it probably would only last an hour or so. At least they only last that long at MY house!! Sheesh!!

:)

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Little Garwood »

Agatha, I thought it was just me being me, railing against the world's injustices while everyone else copes so much better! :lol:
-------------

Does anyone else find the Jesse Stone movies oddly...comforting? There's an evocative atmosphere in this series which is refreshingly not filmed in California.

Or maybe it's just the presence of The Man in this. Selleck's pure TV presence, which I haven't seen in an actor since giants like James Garner, Jack Lord, and Peter Falk roamed the television landscape. Selleck is perfect for the confines of Television.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#22 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

We watched it last night. I thought they wrapped it up too soon. I also thought it was much different than the other Jesse Stone movies.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#23 Post by SelleckLover »

The Neilsen Ratings were published in the newspaper today. Our Tom Terrific in No Remorse beat out Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy in the ratings! Very impressive if I say so myself.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#24 Post by Agatha »

But not surprising, right, SelleckLover? I mean anyone with a pulse....

:lol:

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#25 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

SelleckLover wrote:The Neilsen Ratings were published in the newspaper today. Our Tom Terrific in No Remorse beat out Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy in the ratings! Very impressive if I say so myself.
Why would anyone watch Desperate Housewives unless they were, well, desperate?