I got Stone-d again...

The novels & the movies

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

I got Stone-d again...

#1 Post by lutherhgillis »

I watched Stone Cold today. I liked it better than Night Passage but I understand that Night was showing the details of the transition and Jesse's getting settled into a new town, and etc...

Stone Cold hit the ground running. TS seems to play Jesse much more relaxed and with some humor. This is more of what I expected. I thought the Jesse portrayal in Night was too much like Cooper in Las Vegas.

The Stone series is much better than Vegas IMHO.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Luther, I thought you didn't smoke weed?? ;)

I totally agree with you, though. Stone Cold is better than Night Passage, and the Stone series is MUCH better than Las Vegas!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by lutherhgillis »

I loved the subdued humor exchanged between Stone and the state bureau chief and between Stone and the female deputy. Stone also had some pretty good one-liners pointed at Suit.

The only thing I do not get is the Mimi Rogers character trying to, shall I say, get a piece of the rock. She was supposed to be a defense lawyer and she throws herself at Jesse (to put it mildly) which deminished her character's credibility a bit. Maybe they were pointing out the sliminess of some lawyers... I'm not sure what they were doing.

One thing is for sure, TS has aged much better than Mimi Rogers! My wife asked who Mimi was. I told her about the Italian Ice episode and she did not believe it was the same woman. Time tends to do that to a person. My wife is pretty pleased with the way Selleck has aged however...enough said there...

Luther out

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by lutherhgillis »

I got stone-d again last night with Sea Change. Great show.

Guys, would this have the legs to become a series? There's a heck of a lot of action in this small town! But do you think Jesse could make it as a series or would the week to week coverage spread the material too thin?

wdm
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by wdm »

I think it could easily become a series, but TS has said he wants it to become more of a Columbo thing with 2 or 3 movies a year.

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#6 Post by Shermy »

wdm wrote:I think it could easily become a series, but TS has said he wants it to become more of a Columbo thing with 2 or 3 movies a year.
Selleck probably feels that primetime security ain't what it used to be- especially after his experience on Las Vegas.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MACattack »

Nice pun!
I just don't give a damn!