MAGNUM ON ROKU

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

MAGNUM ON ROKU

#1 Post by 308GUY »

Might be old news, and I just missed it...but I was looking around on the "Live TV" listings on the ROKU channel...and lo and behold...there it was!

The channel is listed as "Universal Action" and is #304 on my tv.

Says that they play action series from the 80's, including MPI, A Team, Knight Rider....but last week all that was on was MPI...24/7! As near as I can figure, they just start at the beginning and show the entire series...all 8 seasons...one right after the other! Done that way, should take about a week, so this morning when I got up (around 7:00am E.S.T) I checked to see what they were showing, as when I went to bed last night, they were on The Love That Lies, and only had 6 episodes left or 7 hours which would have worked out about right for starting over at around 7 this morning.

No "ads" so to speak, though they do break away and tell you to stay put, so somewhere there are ads being shown.

Quality seems as good as any I've seen on DVD, can't compare to the blu ray, as I've not seen any yet, but I didn't notice any editing out, but I didn't watch continuously, so really can't say for sure.

Just thought I'd pass my "discovery" on in case anybody was interested.

As always, I'm just happy to see it being recognized and being aired on a regular basis! Hundreds if not thousands of channels via this access (Roku Live TV) there is one channel that shows Dick Van Dyke round the clock!
Anyway, just sharing my "discovery" for anybody that may be able to take advantage. :geek:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: MAGNUM ON ROKU

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Today (Monday 2/26/24) it looks like they've switched to Miami Vice.

Probably show that all this week?

Was great while it lasted! :lol:

Will most likely return after the "rounds" have been made through the other "action" series from the 80's.... :geek:

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:58 pm Might be old news, and I just missed it...but I was looking around on the "Live TV" listings on the ROKU channel...and lo and behold...there it was!

The channel is listed as "Universal Action" and is #304 on my tv.

Says that they play action series from the 80's, including MPI, A Team, Knight Rider....but last week all that was on was MPI...24/7! As near as I can figure, they just start at the beginning and show the entire series...all 8 seasons...one right after the other! Done that way, should take about a week, so this morning when I got up (around 7:00am E.S.T) I checked to see what they were showing, as when I went to bed last night, they were on The Love That Lies, and only had 6 episodes left or 7 hours which would have worked out about right for starting over at around 7 this morning.

No "ads" so to speak, though they do break away and tell you to stay put, so somewhere there are ads being shown.

Quality seems as good as any I've seen on DVD, can't compare to the blu ray, as I've not seen any yet, but I didn't notice any editing out, but I didn't watch continuously, so really can't say for sure.

Just thought I'd pass my "discovery" on in case anybody was interested.

As always, I'm just happy to see it being recognized and being aired on a regular basis! Hundreds if not thousands of channels via this access (Roku Live TV) there is one channel that shows Dick Van Dyke round the clock!
Anyway, just sharing my "discovery" for anybody that may be able to take advantage. :geek:
Hi 308GUY,
"freevee" has lots of classic series as well.
This Dick Van Dyke channel, does it run the original Dick Van Dyke Show, the New Dick Van Dyke Show(3 seasons), the many lauded specials he did, the variety show,
movies etc? I recently bought for one dollar at a library sale his autobiography on six CDs, he is a fascinating man and probably the nicest human being any of us will ever meet.
To a large extent he actually is Rob Petrie, the series incorporating much of his own life into the character. 98 years young and still going.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GUY »

Hi 308GUY,
"freevee" has lots of classic series as well.
This Dick Van Dyke channel, does it run the original Dick Van Dyke Show, the New Dick Van Dyke Show(3 seasons), the many lauded specials he did, the variety show,
movies etc? I recently bought for one dollar at a library sale his autobiography on six CDs, he is a fascinating man and probably the nicest human being any of us will ever meet.
To a large extent he actually is Rob Petrie, the series incorporating much of his own life into the character. 98 years young and still going.

Hi Dobie:

It is channel #343 on my set, and yes, it's the original 1/2 hour shows from the series. Is always on and they never show anything else from my exposure thus far.

Good grab on the CD set, I'm sure that's an interesting watch. He's had his "ups and downs"...and made it through...must be doing something right!

orvillewright
Ensign

#5 Post by orvillewright »

thanks for the heads up! will have to check em out!