So you're a Magnum fan? Then what kind of car do you drive?

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Coops
Fleet Admiral

So you're a Magnum fan? Then what kind of car do you drive?

#1 Post by Coops »

If you're a Magnum fan you HAVE to be influenced to drive some kind of cool car. Come on, at least SOME of you have to have a car that isn't just a point A to point B commuter car. Show us what ya got!

Me? 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28. I've been a Camaro/Firebird fan since I was 10 years old. This is my third one.

Icepick
Admiral

#2 Post by Icepick »

I was never really a fan of the Ferrari on the show. Strangely I really liked the Audi...still do, and TC's Vanagon. If I had to define a vehicle that attracted me to MPI then it would have to be TC's Loach chopper.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#3 Post by SelleckLover »

Up until January of this year, before my neighbor totaled my car, I was driving a 1991 Ford Taurus Station Wagon...I know kind of embarrassing to admit that...we bought that before the popularity of SUV's and my son played the drums and I had to cart those things from pillar to post and it was either that or a pick-up truck! LOL

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MPS »

A black 2004 BMW 530i with a 6 speed manual transmission. It is the "no child younger than 18" car :lol:

The really cool thing is that we are the original owners of a 1980 air cooled VW Vanagon. My husband and son just finished restoring the engine. Now, if I could convince them to ditch the original blue and go with the Island Hoppers paint job.....
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Coops »

LOL, well that runs that gammit; a Ford station wagon to a BMW. As for the 308, I still love that car as much now as I did then. And I still get a chuckle when Magnum says it's a $30,000 car, like that's really expensive now!

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by MPS »

Coops, I've got a fondness for the Camaro, as well. I learned to drive a stick on a 1969 SS 396 "borrowed" from a boyfriend's older brother. Not a car for a beginner :D
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Coops »

Definitely not a beginners car. And you know how much those cars are going for these days. I had a friend who had that exact same car as his high school ride. Didn't take him long to wreck it either.

Carmen
MPI

#8 Post by Carmen »

As I said before I drive a Fiat - and whenever one asks me why I tell them "It`s a bit closer to Ferrari than any other car" No, it doesn`t look like one, it´s not a sportscar (word?) not even red, but without Fiat there wouldn`t be any Ferraris anymore and Michael Schumacher is doing commercials for them in Italy *G*
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#9 Post by ConchRepublican »

Well, it's kinda sporty . . . for a sedan. 2001 Silver Buick Regal with a supercharger.

I honor of one of my other loves, the Lord of the Rings books, I've named her Mithrandir, elvish Sindarin for "Grey Pilgrim", a name the Elves had for Gandalf.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#10 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

This is just like my car except I have tan leather instead of gray cloth.

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#11 Post by tidal pool »

Black Jeep Wrangler...preferably with the top down.

I've owned a Jeep since I got my driver's license in 1977. This is my third one.

"It's a Jeep thing. You wouldn't understand." :wink:
TS or NO MOVIE!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#12 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Coops, I'll bet you can't wait for the new Camaro to come out. I think they llok great, and I love what the manufacturers are trying to do by capturing the classic styles.

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#13 Post by Olivier »

My car :

Volkswagen like T.C. and convertible like T.M. and Rick :D .

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

A 1999 Corvette in Polar White (wanted it in yellow). That's as close as I am going to be able to get to a beloved Ferrari unless it was an actual 308 or 328, but they say the maintenance on those is a real killer.
( I am betting this photo won't show up)

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#15 Post by rubber chicken »

Hey Steve, you have to get to the address of the actual .jpg, not the page it's on. So if you put the following link inbetween your image brackets it will show up.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/259 ... a343_o.jpg

BTW a friend of mine has a white Corvette from around that year. He just had new high performance headers and exhaust put on.