Waimanolo and the Estate

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Waimanolo and the Estate

#1 Post by T.Q. »

Will be visiting Waimanolo on Saturday to check out what they did to Robin’s Nest.

Still sad the old Estate is gone.

Will wave to everyone from the Tidal Pool.

Plan on taking a pic on the famous square whatchamacallit (what is that called anyway?) :lol:

🌴
Last edited by T.Q. on Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: Waimanolo

#2 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:38 pm Will be visiting Waimanolo on Saturday to check out what they did to Robin’s Nest.

Plan on taking a pic on the famous square whatchamacallit (what is that called anyway?) :lol:

🌴
I call it the 'Place Where The Babes Hang Out'.

Hey TQ. Is that you in the background getting ready to go for a swim?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I believe here in the forum we call it the “square slab.”

Here’s the big thread on it: https://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=791

Have fun!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GUY »

T.Q. wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:38 pm Will be visiting Waimanolo on Saturday to check out what they did to Robin’s Nest.

🌴
Anxiously waiting for your "wave"! :lol: Wonder if Zeus will be there with your sandals at the ready..... :higgins:

Have fun....you know the drill....pics or it didn't happen! :magnum: :shock:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Chris109 »

308GUY wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:20 pm
T.Q. wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:38 pm Will be visiting Waimanalo on Saturday to check out what they did to Robin’s Nest.

🌴
Anxiously waiting for your "wave"! :lol: Wonder if Zeus will be there with your sandals at the ready..... :higgins:

Have fun....you know the drill....pics or it didn't happen! :magnum: :shock:
Or it might be, "What happens in Waimanalo, stays in Waimanalo."

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: Waimanolo and the Estate

#6 Post by T.Q. »

Well, made it out there but not to the rock.

I had to walk through the ocean past the other properties and wifey didn’t want to go. So no one to snap a pic. Plus water was high tide and I didn’t have a bathing suit on.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by eagle »

Oh man, post whatever pics you can. I'm so jealous. I want to go sometime, and hate that I missed seeing Robin's Nest.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by T.Q. »

eagle wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:53 pm Oh man, post whatever pics you can. I'm so jealous. I want to go sometime, and hate that I missed seeing Robin's Nest.
That’s basically it. LOL

Thigh high in the pacific over rocks holding wifey’s Samsung. Almost fell. Don’t tell her. :lol:

The new houses look nice. Still a shame though. “Progress” I guess. :wink:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by T.Q. »

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by 308GUY »

Great pics! Thanks for posting.

It looks like the "beach" is closer to being how it was back in the 80's as far as being wider between the sea wall and the waters edge...or maybe it's just the angle the pic was taken from? You did say you were there during high tide, and I recall having seen pics others have posted that show the water ALL the way up to the bottom of the sea wall during what was reported as high tide. Is this an illusion, or am I just not seeing it correctly?

Either way, I agree the new dwellings look really nice, but there will never be another place like the original Anderson estate house, unless one of us builds it somewhere! :lol:

Thanks for posting what you got, and great to be able to put a face to the moniker! How's your "Get Wet" cap holding up these days?

Also very envious and sad that I never made it to peer over the fence and stare at the original "Robins Nest"....just wouldn't be the same without it... :(

Good job on the pics. Footnote...I read somewhere that there is much easier access (or maybe it's USED to be?) on the north side of the estate via a little known dirt path that leads right down to the beach on the northern most end of the sea wall? :?: :magnum: :geek:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by T.Q. »

308GUY wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:49 am Great pics! Thanks for posting.

It looks like the "beach" is closer to being how it was back in the 80's as far as being wider between the sea wall and the waters edge...or maybe it's just the angle the pic was taken from? You did say you were there during high tide, and I recall having seen pics others have posted that show the water ALL the way up to the bottom of the sea wall during what was reported as high tide. Is this an illusion, or am I just not seeing it correctly?

Either way, I agree the new dwellings look really nice, but there will never be another place like the original Anderson estate house, unless one of us builds it somewhere! :lol:

Thanks for posting what you got, and great to be able to put a face to the moniker! How's your "Get Wet" cap holding up these days?

Also very envious and sad that I never made it to peer over the fence and stare at the original "Robins Nest"....just wouldn't be the same without it... :(

Good job on the pics. Footnote...I read somewhere that there is much easier access (or maybe it's USED to be?) on the north side of the estate via a little known dirt path that leads right down to the beach on the northern most end of the sea wall? :?: :magnum: :geek:
Not sure about about the tide. I thought it was medium-high and coming in. Maybe not.

It honestly looked like they actually imported sand into the area (or Mother Nature?) as the sea wall Magnum hugs coming up to the Estate in “Don’t Eat the Snow” (easiest reference) appeared shorter by half if not more.

Looks like the sea wall is now repaired and half the height.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

So that's what T.Q. looks like. :D Waimanalo and Robin's Nest is the best place to be for sure! Hope you're enjoying it. I recall you saying that you regularly visit Hawaii? Have a timeshare there?

I agree with 308GUY and really surprised by how much sand/beach there is now at the estate. :shock: Looks just like it was back in the 80s when they filmed the show. When I was there in 2018 and went swimming in the tidal pool the water was splashing right against the sea wall. The water was about knee-high at the sea wall. I kid you not. Couldn't figure out whether it was extreme high tide that particular day or just natural sand erosion. I thought maybe that's just how it is now. But looking at these pics I see that it's much different now. Wonder if it's just low tide or whether more sand was brought in.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by 308GUY »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:59 pm: Looks just like it was back in the 80s when they filmed the show. When I was there in 2018 and went swimming in the tidal pool the water was splashing right against the sea wall. The water was about knee-high at the sea wall. I kid you not. Couldn't figure out whether it was extreme high tide that particular day or just natural sand erosion. I thought maybe that's just how it is now. But looking at these pics I see that it's much different now. Wonder if it's just low tide or whether more sand was brought in.
Wonder if it has anything to do with the rebuilding/refurbishing of the rock surround a couple years ago.....http://www.waimanalolimuhui.org/pahonu/

Plus ran across this as well....https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/12/ ... s-hurdles/

Plus the rebuilding of the actual sea wall of the estate.

All of these efforts/measures surely had something to do with the restoring of the beachfront? Whatever the case, just glad to see it closer to being back the "way it was"...sans the Robins Nest main house :(

Thanks again for posting the pics.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#14 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Looks like you were there on an absolutely gorgeous day. Looks so damn inviting. I've really had enough of the winter at this point. Snow banks are still piled 6 feet high in places. Enjoy the hell out of that magical place.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by T.Q. »

Re. The sea wall and sand.

This was the bit confusing part to me.

Was a “What the?” moment because my memory of this portion of the wall was it dwarfed TS. :lol:

Anyways. We were only on O’ahu 3 days and now in Maui.

We have timeshare that’s been in family since 1977.

Enjoying it.

Aloha.