Blizzard of '17

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

Blizzard of '17

#1 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

State of emergency called in NJ already and not even one single flake has fallen yet. Tomorrow is shaping up to be a Magnum Marathon! :D
I'm a Boxley Girl....

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Blizzard of '17

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

Another "Bill Evans" fail . . .wasn't it? And isn't it ridiculous that the National Weather Service knew the day before that it wasn't going to be as bad as predicted but didn't want to 'confuse people'?

How about just giving the correct forecast so people can plan appropriately . . . :evil:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

ConchRepublican wrote:Another "Bill Evans" fail . . .wasn't it? And isn't it ridiculous that the National Weather Service knew the day before that it wasn't going to be as bad as predicted but didn't want to 'confuse people'?

How about just giving the correct forecast so people can plan appropriately . . . :evil:
Bill Evans...LOL. I'm amazed that guy still has a job.

Never did get to have my Magnum marathon. Maybe during the next "gotta get the bread and milk" storm.
I'm a Boxley Girl....

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Mrs. Higgins wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:Another "Bill Evans" fail . . .wasn't it? And isn't it ridiculous that the National Weather Service knew the day before that it wasn't going to be as bad as predicted but didn't want to 'confuse people'?

Bill Evans...LOL. I'm amazed that guy still has a job.

Never did get to have my Magnum marathon. Maybe during the next "gotta get the bread and milk" storm.
I listen to Imus on 770 WABC (Yes, he's still alive!) and Bill is their weatherman, at least the guys on the show ride him when his forecasts are so wrong.

I tell all the kids in the family that if they are not going to be a plumber or electrician and feel they have to go to college, they should study Meteorology. If I was wrong at my job as often as they are . . . :roll:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04