Music That Reminds you of MPI (but wasn't on the show)

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: Music That Reminds you of MPI (but wasn't on the show)

#11 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Mrs. Higgins wrote:For some reason I think of Magnum PI when I hear Bob Seger or 38 Special. Must be because that's what I was listening to back in the day.
Even Now, remember to Hold On Loosely on Mainstreet. If a Ramblin Gamblin Man or a Wild Eyed Southern Boy gets Caught Up In You you could wind up running Night Moves Against the Wind with a Beautiul Loser all the way to Katmandu. Listen to the Teacher, Teacher and Turn the Page on that Old Time Rock n Roll and you'll Feel Like Number Back Where You Belong at Fire Lake Rockin Into the Night and Rough Housin with a Fortunate Son.
You can Roll Me Away (had to put his motorcycle journey in there)while I am listening to all of those classics. What an artist, like Jack Nicholson said about The Eagles: Repertoire.........I would have to add Like a Rock as it about a man turning 38 thinking back 20 years when he was 18..... somewhat familiar............

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#12 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
Mrs. Higgins wrote:For some reason I think of Magnum PI when I hear Bob Seger or 38 Special. Must be because that's what I was listening to back in the day.
Even Now, remember to Hold On Loosely on Mainstreet. If a Ramblin Gamblin Man or a Wild Eyed Southern Boy gets Caught Up In You you could wind up running Night Moves Against the Wind with a Beautiul Loser all the way to Katmandu. Listen to the Teacher, Teacher and Turn the Page on that Old Time Rock n Roll and you'll Feel Like Number Back Where You Belong at Fire Lake Rockin Into the Night and Rough Housin with a Fortunate Son.
You can Roll Me Away (had to put his motorcycle journey in there)while I am listening to all of those classics. What an artist, like Jack Nicholson said about The Eagles: Repertoire.........I would have to add Like a Rock as it about a man turning 38 thinking back 20 years when he was 18..... somewhat familiar............
Roll Me Away . . . That's probably my favorite Seger song . . . he is underrated as a singer songwriter.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Derek
Commander

#13 Post by Derek »

Not really an answer to the OP, but somehow related - I was listening to some music I had brought with me when exploring the islands in a rental, and there was that one song that was on when going to Waimanalo (I was listening to it quite a lot at the time). It has nothing to do with Hawai´i or MPI or anything, it is just a fun song, but whenever I hear it now, I'm back there! Astonishing how strong a connection the mind can make. At such occasions, I can almost feel the tropical heat in good cold Germany... Wow, it's been about ten years now and I can still feed on this vacation like it was last month.

Apart from that, I second that post about the Simon&Simon theme, kind of reminds me of Magnum, too, but then, that's somehow obvious, given the guest episode.
I know what you're thinking. And you're right.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

Derek wrote:Not really an answer to the OP, but somehow related - I was listening to some music I had brought with me when exploring the islands in a rental, and there was that one song that was on when going to Waimanalo (I was listening to it quite a lot at the time). It has nothing to do with Hawai´i or MPI or anything, it is just a fun song, but whenever I hear it now, I'm back there! Astonishing how strong a connection the mind can make. At such occasions, I can almost feel the tropical heat in good cold Germany... Wow, it's been about ten years now and I can still feed on this vacation like it was last month.

Apart from that, I second that post about the Simon&Simon theme, kind of reminds me of Magnum, too, but then, that's somehow obvious, given the guest episode.
Don't tease us man, what's the song?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04