I wrote this:

Step by step guide on how to avoid getting shot and killed by George Zimmerman

http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.co ... zimmerman/

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

Re: How to avoid getting shot and killed by George Zimmerman

#2 Post by The Birdman »

retracted
Last edited by The Birdman on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uh PHRASING!!!!

grundle
Admiral

#3 Post by grundle »

The Birdman wrote:Good write up.
I am so tired of all the "he murdered a CHILD" statements. Simple, teach your kids not to go assaulting strangers.
Thanks.

The reason people keep calling him a "child" is because the media keeps showing that old picture from when he was young, instead of the more recent pictures from his own social networking accounts and cell phone where he has well developed muscles, facial hair, tattoos, gold teeth, is smoking marijuana, and giving the middle finger. They also never mention that a search of his backpack at school showed it to contain a dozen pieces of women's jewelry and a burglary tool. He was definitely not a "child" when he died.

Zimmerman was correct when he said that Trayvon appeared to be casing houses and high on drugs. He was a burglar, and his autopsy showed marijuana in his system.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#5 Post by Doc Ibold »

Quite interesting, Conch. It's amazing how these little nuggets of sense get lost in the media clutter.

ConchRepublican

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

Doc Ibold wrote:Quite interesting, Conch. It's amazing how these little nuggets of sense get lost in the media clutter.
As Higgins would say, "quite" ..... When things don't fit the message they get massaged, edited or left out. IMHO everyone would be better off hearing truth and facts and then running it through their own filters.
CoziTV Superfan spot

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by The Birdman »

retracted
Last edited by The Birdman on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uh PHRASING!!!!

ConchRepublican

#8 Post by ConchRepublican »

The Birdman wrote:* Zimmerman is 1/2 mexican (latino, hispanic, whatever). If they can call Obama "black", I can call zimmerman a "mexican".
I don't think that's the gist of the article . . . :?
CoziTV Superfan spot

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by The Birdman »

Retracted
Last edited by The Birdman on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uh PHRASING!!!!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#10 Post by Doc Ibold »

The Birdman wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
The Birdman wrote:* Zimmerman is 1/2 mexican (latino, hispanic, whatever). If they can call Obama "black", I can call zimmerman a "mexican".
I don't think that's the gist of the article . . . :?
Sorry, only my first sentence was in regard to that article. My point was about all the "civil rights leaders" and the media who have painted Zimmerman as a klansman type out hunting down a inocent black "child" and gunning him down in cold blood.
And in that article, for example, the writer says blacks are posting on social media that they will murder a random white person if Zimmerman went free. What's white got to do with it? Zimmerman is a mexican.
That's still not the point of the article.

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by The Birdman »

Doc Ibold wrote:That's still not the point of the article.
I give up. What is the point?
Uh PHRASING!!!!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#12 Post by Doc Ibold »

I've started writing and deleted, rewrote, then deleted, then wrote again before I finally decided to say "(blank) it.. It's not worth it.

Which is to say, nothing was particularly partisan or inflammatory about what I was going to write. I just don't want to ignite a firestorm here.. and frankly, Im kind of sick of the whole story.

But, to answer the question:

My belief and take away from the article is that the truth lies in the middle and that both sides that have been polarized by the media need to take a long hard look at the story as a whole from a neutral viewpoint. We don't know what happened that night, and probably never will.

Anything else is pure speculation.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Stelth »

I liked your article.

ConchRepublican

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

Doc Ibold wrote:I've started writing and deleted, rewrote, then deleted, then wrote again before I finally decided to say "(blank) it.. It's not worth it.

Which is to say, nothing was particularly partisan or inflammatory about what I was going to write. I just don't want to ignite a firestorm here.. and frankly, Im kind of sick of the whole story.

But, to answer the question:

My belief and take away from the article is that the truth lies in the middle and that both sides that have been polarized by the media need to take a long hard look at the story as a whole from a neutral viewpoint. We don't know what happened that night, and probably never will.

Anything else is pure speculation.
Well said.

I'll add .... I don't believe that "because they said that I can say this" was something to have been gotten from the article either. Quite the opposite. I understand the frustration around this case, but I have always felt that dealing from a position of Right, as in having facts correct and verified and saying and doing the Right Thing, apart from any agenda, is what's important. As Commissioner Reagan said (paraphrasing) "doing what's right isn't complicated .... It's hard, but it's not complicated".

The media has an agenda, that doesn't mean they have to drag everyone down to their level.
CoziTV Superfan spot

grundle
Admiral

#15 Post by grundle »

I agree with Barkley:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... rdict.html

Charles Barkley On Zimmerman Trial: "I Agree With The Verdict"

July 18, 2013

CHARLES BARKLEY: Well, I agreed with the verdict. I feel sorry that young kid got killed. But they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. Something clearly went wrong that night. Clearly something went wrong. I feel bad for anybody who loses a kid, but if you looked at the case and you don't make it -- there was some racial profiling, no question about it. But something happened that changed the dynamic of that night, and I know -- that's probably not a popular opinion among most people but just looking at the evidence I agreed with the verdict.

I just feel bad because I don't like when race gets out in the media because I don't think the media has a pure heart, as I call it. There are very few people have a pure heart when it comes to race. Racism is wrong in any, shape, form -- a lot of black people are racist too. I think sometimes when people talk about racism, they say only white people are racist. There are a lot of black people who are racist. I don't like when it gets out there in the media because I don't think the media has clean hands.

MARIA BARTIROMO, CNBC: I'm glad you made that point.

BARKLEY: Obviously I feel sorry that young kid got killed but just judging by the evidence, I don't think that guy should have went to jail the rest of his life. Something happened bad that night, obviously.

BARTIROMO: I like what the juror said, they both should have walked away. And if there is a shadow of a doubt, there is a shadow of a doubt.

BARKLEY: And let me tell you, Mr. Zimmerman was wrong to pursue -- he was racial profiling. I think Trayvon Martin, God rest his soul, I think he did flip the switch and started beating the hell out of Mr. Zimmerman. But it was just a bad situation. And like I said, the main thing I feel bad for, it gives every black and white person who is racist a platform to vent their ignorance.

That's the thing that bothers me the most because I watched this trial closely and I watch all these people are television talking about it. A lot of people have a hidden agenda. You know, they want their racist views, whether they are white or black --

BARTIROMO: The bias comes out.

BARKLEY: The bias, it definitely comes out. It was a bad situation, we all lost. And I feel bad for his parents. You don't ever want to see anybody lose a kid. (CNBC Closing Bell, July 18, 2013)