How to avoid getting shot and killed by George Zimmerman

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: How to avoid getting shot and killed by George Zimmerman

#16 Post by ConchRepublican »

I thought Barkley came across very well regarding this, I mostly agree with him as well.

Here's another very good interview/rebuttal regarding the case.

http://youtu.be/-Nd1SJQRGto
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

grundle
Admiral

#17 Post by grundle »

ConchRepublican wrote:I thought Barkley came across very well regarding this, I mostly agree with him as well.

I'm a long term fan of Larry Elder's written work, but I think his behavior in this video was quite rude. I actually agree more with what Piers said. And I'm no liberal.

ConchRepublican

#18 Post by ConchRepublican »

grundle wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:I thought Barkley came across very well regarding this, I mostly agree with him as well.

I'm a long term fan of Larry Elder's written work, but I think his behavior in this video was quite rude. I actually agree more with what Piers said. And I'm no liberal.
I hear you, but I think I can understand his frustration based upon his standpoint. Piers comes off as one of those high-minded detached types that takes a clinical view of all things. Very much a "let them eat cake" guy.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Stelth »

I think Elder's affect reflects how frustrated he is over this issue. I'll bet he is tired of sanctimonious limousine liberals like Piers who pretend to be an ally of blacks when really they just make the situation worse.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

What does all this have to do with Magnum P.I.?
I don't care what a person's political views are, if they are a Magnum fan that indicates good taste and judgement and they're a friend of mine. However once you start stirring the possum, passions can get inflamed. That happened a few years ago on the Route 66 site and it lost some good members.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#21 Post by marlboro »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:What does all this have to do with Magnum P.I.?
I don't care what a person's political views are, if they are a Magnum fan that indicates good taste and judgement and they're a friend of mine. However once you start stirring the possum, passions can get inflamed. That happened a few years ago on the Route 66 site and it lost some good members.

I agree. But if you hadn't bumped this old thread it would have likely stayed dead and buried.

Oh, God I just bumped it again. Let's agree to stop in one...two...

NOW!

p.s. "stirring the possum"? WTH?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

marlboro wrote:

I agree. But if you hadn't bumped this old thread it would have likely stayed dead and buried.
NOW!
Hi Marlboro,
You have a point about reviving this thread. Unless there is a chorus of objections, can the Powers That Be please consider deep sixing this thread altogether, or better yet state that in the future political threads do not belong in Magnum Mania to begin with?
"Stirring the possum" is Australian slang for starting trouble. I have had some close Australian pals for years, you pick things up from each other.
I got them saying 'waddy ya nuts' and watching Magnum and they got me viewing Water Rats and saying 'stir the possum', 'hoon' and 'Buckley's(Chance)'.
But I absolutely refuse to say 'chook' instead of chicken. Somebody has got to teach dese mugs some proper English and I figure a Jersey guy is perfect for that.

ConchRepublican

#23 Post by ConchRepublican »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
marlboro wrote:

NOW!
Hi Marlboro,
You have a point about reviving this thread. Unless there is a chorus of objections, can the Powers That Be please consider deep sixing this thread altogether, or better yet state that in the future political threads do not belong in Magnum Mania to begin with?
"Stirring the possum" is Australian slang for starting trouble. I have had some close Australian pals for years, you pick things up from each other.
I got them saying 'waddy ya nuts' and watching Magnum and they got me viewing Water Rats and saying 'stir the possum', 'hoon' and 'Buckley's(Chance)'.
But I absolutely refuse to say 'chook' instead of chicken. Somebody has got to teach dese mugs some proper English and I figure a Jersey guy is perfect for that.
This is one of those situations where passing on by would have better served the intent. This thread, topical at the time, lay undisturbed for almost three years. Both myself and Doc, now the site owner, commented on it and it was a pretty civil discussion about "facts".

You are correct, there are a lot of other places to go for politics and other matters not so polite if that's something one is interested in but Founding Father J.J. always took the stance that while it's not something he gets involved in, as long as it's kept civil he is very lenient with the "ban broom" and Doc has continued that philosophy.

I understand your concern and the potential for a flame war but we have one of the best group of people on the interwebs who post here and the VAST majority act and carry themselves like mature grownups.

While they build tiki bars, wear Hawai'ian shirts and the ball cap of a team they are not fans of while pining for an exotic red car and a well kept estate by the sea . . . :wink:

Now, let's talk about Curt Schilling. :D
CoziTV Superfan spot