Hawaii Vacation 2005

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

erock308
Fleet Admiral

Hawaii Vacation 2005

#1 Post by erock308 »

I had a FREE Trip to Waikiki in 2005, this a compilation Video of what I saw....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvKPkUMyaAA

No, it was from a Mrs Peronis Pepperoni Pizza Contest... lol
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#2 Post by Mavrick »

Ok I need to know that Hotel balcony I saw in the youtube clip at the 12sec mark was that the Ilima Hotel • 445 Nohonani Street, Honolulu, Because if it was that is where I stayed in 2007,, BTW very nice vid dude it brings me back Because I have alot of the same pictures like I have one of me sitting on that block in the tidal pool by the way does anybody know what that thing is or was?
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Nice job Erock308!!!!
How long did that take to put together??

Mavrick,

I'm going to guess that the block in the tidal pool was possibly a footing for an old pier, dock, boat launch-ONLY A GUESS.
Does anyone know for sure?

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by erock308 »

Thanks Guys, Mavrick; the hotel I stayed in was the Marriott Waikiki that was the 6th floor balcony "Street View" the best view really, I could from the beach all the way to the mountains. The Marriott is at 2552 Kalakaua Avenue, they filmed a lot of MPI there in the lobby, courtyard and parking area. It was a trip to see everything.... it was like having flash backs... in a good way ;{)

Kenji; The video didn't take me more than an hour on my new iMac, great computer its got everything ;{)

The story of got to go for FREE for an all inclusive 2 week Vacation is an old high school friend called me up out of the blue (a fellow MPI fan) on a friday night the week after I graduated college and asked me if I still wanted to go to Hawaii? I said yeah sure, doesn't everyone... I told him I was broke from just getting out of school etc. Anyway, he said that doesn't matter, pack your bags we fly out monday....

Turns out that the big corporation he was the VP of was going belly up and he told me that he has to use up the Air Miles off the Company Card or they would go to waste!

We flew out Business class from PEI, Canada to Montreal, Then to Toronto... then we switched it up to First Class to San Francisco, we had to RUN to catch out connecting flight to Honolulu.... Luck shined on me again that Monday morning before the flight , I checked the mail before going to the airport and there was a brand new credit card with a $1000 limit!! Perfect timing because I was flat broke at the time ;{)

It Was an awesome Vacation I wish I could have landed an estate security job while there... I guess my lucky streak had ran it's course ;{)
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

PhatCat
Admiral

#5 Post by PhatCat »

I like the sightseeing at :38. Just sayin'.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Seaver41 »

my best vacation ever was Hawaii in 2005 as well. Spent a night in Waikiki at the Sheraton i think....the rest was at the Turtle Bay Club on way to North Shore..........but I regret not targeting some Magnum spots though I hit some inadvertently. Pearl Harbor was cool. My moment with nature occurred when on a surfboard, a sea turtle passed directly underneath in about 6 feet of water....that was cool.

I'd go back in a heartbeat.