A Holiday Dare

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

A Holiday Dare

#1 Post by Mavrick »

please forgive me if I offend anyone, because I know not everyone celebrates the hoilday season, for one reason or another and this is not meant to offend or upset anyone I am sorry if it does,

I came up with this idea when I was pulling down decorations from my Attic for the house and Yard, My wife ask me what type of theme are we going to have this year, I said why don't we decorate in the Stlye of Magnum and a Tropical way in side and out with lights and the whole nine,

So the people that do celebrate this time of year and maybe some who don't maybe you like to try to decorate your own homes in the style of Magnum and maybe wecan share some photos Hey it is an idea
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#2 Post by golfmobile »

Well . . . I don't have a lot of "tropical" Christmas decorations. But I have a five-foot lighted helicopter ("Santa's Helicopter" from Lowe's) in my front Palladian window, plus the following ornaments (thus that appropriate size) on the tree: Matchbox-size Corgi Ferrari 308, a Matchbox-size MD500 re-painted in Island Hoppers colors, the Matchbook Magnum PI heli (that doesn't look ANYTHING like an MD500), the official Matchbox Magnum PI Ferrari still on the cardboard packaging, pieces of broken coral from the tidal pool on gold cord, a koa wood flip-flop, a koa wood palm tree with "Hawaii" written on it, and a little wooden Hawaiian shirt ornament re-covered with the jungle bird pattern in miniature.

Do these count?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Those are great Golf.
Does anyone have a starfish for on top of the tree?

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#4 Post by Mavrick »

Yeah they count Golf That is really cool ,Thats what I am talking about I am going to try and figure out on to make a Ferrai out of Red Lights being pulled by reindeer for my front lawn

The starfish. my wife's mom is a big time Jimmy Buffett fan and she has a tree filled with Buffett stuff, flip flops , parrots and stuff like that she had a starfish on her tree, She took two of them Hot glued back to back and sprayed painted them with a clear coat when the paint was semi dry she sprinkled Gold glitter on both sides and clear coat again then she took red ribbon and tied it around the arms of the starfish and let them flow down the tree, then she took a small thin red ribbon around the center of the starfish and used that on to attach it to the tree itself it turn out really nice
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#5 Post by golfmobile »

Mavrick --

What good ideas!!! Hope you don't mind if I confiscate a few of them! We're going to the Bahamas for a week on Dec. 1 (where I'll be taking my Jimmy Buffett music!!), so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for things we can use to decorate the tree with such -- usually the best way to find something "ornament-size" is to look for key rings and then just take the ring part off and use the dangle piece.

I'm on the hunt again! The game's afoot!

golf

Here are some pictures:

the Corgi Ferrari
The jungle bird shirt
The V-tail MD500 Island Hoppers heli
The Matchbox "Star Car" Ferrari

and one picture of my needlepoint version of my house ornament with my (formerly owned) Chevy Blazer with Santa driving and a Christmas tree on top of the vehicle for delivery to the house:

Oh, yes, I forgot -- I also have the T-tail MD500 painted with the Island Hoppers colors (but the flash bleached out the orange stripes, but they ARE there -- and note the Bell 206 Swarovski crystal heli on the right -- as Thomas sat in to stop TC from blowing up the Japanese ambassador at the Byoto Inn temple in Part 2 of "Did You See the Sunrise?"):

"Portside, buddy."

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#6 Post by Mavrick »

love those choppers that is awesome, right on, and the ideas take as many as u want lol I hope you have a safe trip and have a Bahama mama for me, Well u have inspired me to find stuff for the tree, humm where to look in a Navy town for Magnum type stuff this going to be hard

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#7 Post by Mavrick »

ok found found 3 things today the last one is my favorite so far

[/img]Image

Image[/img]