Hawaii's Restaurants

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Hawaii's Restaurants

#1 Post by KENJI »

Hi Gang,

Share your top picks for restaurants you've dined at in Hawaii and why.

I'll start with DUKE'S in Waikiki. Great central location, overlooking the beach and ocean, excellent food and service.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#2 Post by Mavrick »

Byron's Drive In
3297 N Nimitz Hwy,
Honolulu, HI

http://www.yelp.com/biz/byrons-drive-inn-honolulu

It looks like a complete dive and Only locals Know abt this place it seems
But they had the best Loco Moco

Big Kahuna
2299 Kuhio Ave
Honolulu, HI

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/37/410225/r ... i-Honolulu

this is a more touristy type of restaurant in Waikiki but I was really impressed with the service and the Kalua pork sandwich is so awesome, I have not had that in over two years and still have cravings for it

I found the addresses online just in case some one might want to look them up on google maps or something
Last edited by Mavrick on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#3 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Wailana Coffee Shop

1860 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu

It's right across form the hilton Hawaiian Village. Had breakfast there 3 times and had all you can eat pancakes each time. For $5.75, you get all the pancakes you can eat, 2 eggs, and 2 strips of bacon.

http://honolulueats.wordpress.com/2009/ ... ffee-house

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#4 Post by Mavrick »

[quote="StarchedUndershirts"]Wailana Coffee Shop

1860 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu

I was going to try that place I heard it was very good, but when I went there There was a line all the way out into the street, So I went to Denny"s instead and You know what even the Grand Slam Tasted better in Hawaii. ahhh paradise You gotta Love it
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

Another fun place is the Hard Rock Cafe! It has a great atmosphere with plenty of surfboards to go with the rock memorabilia. The first time I went there, I saw Tom Selleck's signed shirt which sealed it for me! Note: I believe they are moving the H.R.C. right into Waikiki as we speak. It is suppose to bigger and better ( I hope they repair Tom's shirt and post a 24 hr. guard)!!!

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Seaver41 »

DUKE'S was definitely good........nice atmosphere.

Big Kahuna's.......is that the sandwich shop not far from Pearl? Awesome stuff at that local favorite.

For great food an d tremendous view.............Longhi's at the Ala Moana shopping mall..........open air dining............really nice.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#7 Post by Jake »

McDonald's on King Street, they have great fries...LOL

McDonald's
2121 S KING ST
HONOLULU, HI 96826
(808)973-2357

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Olivier »

"The cheese cake factory" near the international market. Many choices and good quality. It's very successful, every night must wait about twenty minutes before getting a table.

JJ Quincannon
Lieutenant Commander

#9 Post by JJ Quincannon »

Hello everyone, I had the good fortune to vist Oahu on my 25th wedding aniversary for 10 days about 5 years ago. The best place we went to eat was The Crouching Lion Inn 51-666 Kamehameha Highway. I see that this place has gotten a few poor reviews as well as some good ones. We found the food to be very good and don't miss the mile high coconut cream pie. The service was maybe a little slow but we were dining in the outdoor porch-cafe type area overlooking the ocean and it was great to take our time with dinner and desert . Plus this was a filming location for at least 1 episode in season 2 . (I think it was Try to Remember, I am trying to remember?) Thanks everyone have a great day!
"Ouuuta Sight"

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#10 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Olivier wrote:"The cheese cake factory" near the international market. Many choices and good quality. It's very successful, every night must wait about twenty minutes before getting a table.
Ditto. I went there for lunch one day after walking through the Marketplace and other parts of downtown Waikiki.
The lunch was soooo filling (I had fish and chips) that we all took our desert (chesecake of course :P ) to go.

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#11 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Mavrick wrote:
StarchedUndershirts wrote:Wailana Coffee Shop

1860 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu

I was going to try that place I heard it was very good, but when I went there There was a line all the way out into the street, So I went to Denny"s instead and You know what even the Grand Slam Tasted better in Hawaii. ahhh paradise You gotta Love it
I was on Oahu the day of the "Tsunami" last winter. Later that night when everything was back to normal, I went to the Coffee Shop for dinner. The line was out the door because they were the only ones open. Even the IHOP next door was closed.
I got in quickly as they have counter booths and I was the only one in line that was alone.
Last edited by StarchedUndershirts on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#12 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Ola

Turtle Bay Resort
Kahuku, HI (North Shore)

This one isn't a restaurant, but it's one of those places you should go if/when you visit Oahu:

M. Matsumoto Shave Ice

Kamehameha Highway

Haleiwa, HI (North Shore)

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Seaver41 »

StarchedUndershirts wrote:Ola

Turtle Bay Resort
Kahuku, HI (North Shore)

This one isn't a restaurant, but it's one of those places you should go if/when you visit Oahu:

M. Matsumoto Shave Ice

Kamehameha Highway

Haleiwa, HI (North Shore)

nice calls........on my trip to Oahu in 2005, we stayed a couple nights at the turtle Bay resort and played a round of golf. Loved the whole North Shore area. Went on a shark dive up there.......loved it.

still my favorite vacation.

Hawaii84
Captain

#14 Post by Hawaii84 »

Five Palms on Maui.
Last edited by Hawaii84 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robin1
Ensign

Re: Hawaii's Restaurants

#15 Post by robin1 »

KENJI wrote:Hi Gang,

Share your top picks for restaurants you've dined at in Hawaii and why.

I'll start with DUKE'S in Waikiki. Great central location, overlooking the beach and ocean, excellent food and service.

I agree - stayed at Outrigger about 12 years ago and ate there every night!!