Go Waipio L.L.

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Go Waipio L.L.

#1 Post by KENJI »

T.M. and T.C. would be very proud of the boys from Waipio, who just made it to the Little League National Championship Final Game! The game is on ABC tomorrow and if they win, they go to the World Series Final the next day. In 2008, they were the World Series Champs!! If anyone has a copy of their last few games that were televised on ESPN (which I don't get) I would love a copy ( willing to pay postage etc.)- fingers crossed!

Good Luck Waipio, I'll be watching tomorrow with bat in hand!!!!

Thorfinn
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Go Waipio L.L.

#2 Post by Thorfinn »

KENJI wrote:T.M. and T.C. would be very proud of the boys from Waipio, who just made it to the Little League National Championship Final Game! The game is on ABC tomorrow and if they win, they go to the World Series Final the next day. In 2008, they were the World Series Champs!! If anyone has a copy of their last few games that were televised on ESPN (which I don't get) I would love a copy ( willing to pay postage etc.)- fingers crossed!

Good Luck Waipio, I'll be watching tomorrow with bat in hand!!!!
One of the most interesting aspects of our LL team is that we're such a small community sitting between the Kam Hwy and H2 to our west and east with the Kipapa Gulch to our North and H1 to our south. Our population is quite small as well. Yes, I do live in Waipio just 4 minutes from the largest Costco on the island.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Waipio US National Champs!!!!!!
What a game against Japan in the World Series, too bad the boys came up a little short 4-1. Everyone is real proud of them for an incredible showing! I've been told the community is a real close knit bunch which is nice to hear! I hope they throw the boys a big party when they return!! Hey Thorfinn, you are lucky to be a part of such a great community!

Thorfinn
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by Thorfinn »

KENJI wrote:Waipio US National Champs!!!!!!
What a game against Japan in the World Series, too bad the boys came up a little short 4-1. Everyone is real proud of them for an incredible showing! I've been told the community is a real close knit bunch which is nice to hear! I hope they throw the boys a big party when they return!! Hey Thorfinn, you are lucky to be a part of such a great community!
Mahalo for those kind words...yep, we usually show the boys just how proud we are of them when they get home.

Waipio is a great place to live because we're a bit higher and are much cooler than down in Honolulu and at sea level. We have a great view as we look down at the middle loch of Pearl Harbor with the harbor entrance to our front and Ford Island to our left. The best part is we are in paradise as well. Have a great evening! :)

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by robspace54 »

Waipo played a great season and they are an inspiration to all other young ball players. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and Hamilton is just 10 miles away by car so I was sort-of rooting for them, until Waipo played them. I then had to root for the Islands in my heart of hearts!

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.