I Need Your Hawaii Travel Advice!

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#16 Post by J.J. Walters »

I was talking about Oahu with a guy at the pool the other day. First words out of his mouth were, "Stay away from the west side of the island." I guess that's some pretty good advice. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Jaybird
Admiral

#17 Post by Jaybird »

J.J. Walters wrote:I was talking about Oahu with a guy at the pool the other day. First words out of his mouth were, "Stay away from the west side of the island." I guess that's some pretty good advice. ;)
Think of it as being in a remake of "Deliverance" with sun, sand and palm trees.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Frodoleader »

J.J. Walters wrote:I was talking about Oahu with a guy at the pool the other day. First words out of his mouth were, "Stay away from the west side of the island." I guess that's some pretty good advice. ;)
I guess it is always disapointing to hear things like that, even for Paradise! But unfortunately, also true. A couple of years ago I was at Gettysburg, chaperoning my sons class, when we were told by a local to avoid certain parts of town after dark. It just struck me as a bit surreal to think of historic Gettysburg as having a "rough side of town".
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan