Rest In Peace, Ernie!

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Rest In Peace, Ernie!

#1 Post by Doc Ibold »

For all you Tigers and baseball fans out there......

http://freep.com/article/20100504/SPORT ... dies-at-92

"RIP, Ernie. You gave generations of Tigers fans a voice of a lifetime, and even more enjoyment of the game, without asking a thing in return. Your contributions to the sport are only eclipsed by the depth of your spirit and humility as a human being. God Bless!"

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

A sad day for baseball. RIP Ernie!

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#3 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

RIP in baseball heaven Ernie.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Jake »

I grew up in Michigan and am grateful we had one of the all-time greats calling our games. RIP Ernie.

I sat next to Ernie on a flight out of Detroit about 6-7 years ago, I can't recall where I was going (it was some sort of business trip). Before the flight took off I noticed him - as did many others near our gate, he was nice to everyone who approached him. I remember touching base with my office before boarding the plane and mentioned to my secretary that Ernie was on my flight, she asked me to get an autograph for her husband if I had the chance. Little did I know that a few minutes later I would take the seat next to him and for the next couple of hours have a great conversation with a legend. He was suprisingly talkative and had some awesome stories, but what I remember most of all was that he was so geniune that he made you feel like you were talking to a lifelong friend even though we were strangers.