FotoSketcher

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

FotoSketcher

#1 Post by golfmobile »

Hey, gang!

In the various emails that I receive about programs, etc., I got one about a freeware program that can convert your photos to oil paintings or watercolors. I tried it on a few of my Hawaii pictures, and I really like the way it looks. You may or may not, but if you do, I think you'll get a kick out of turning photos into paintings. Here are some examples:

Watercolors:

Oil:

I tend to like the watercolor more than the oil, though I can't tell a lot of difference. Still, it's a neat way to manipulate your pictures, if you want. You can get it here.

If you do use it, post some pictures and let me know what you think.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Steve »

So cool..........Yours look like they should be hanging in the guest house, Golf.
Of course mine had to include a motorcycle so here's one of me on the way to Milwaukee this past July 4th weekend to visit the Harley Davidson Museum and go to Milwaukee's Summerfest. (Notice the proper send off by my local neighborhood homeless woman flasing me)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#3 Post by golfmobile »

Steve,

Cool, isn't it? Now I can hang pictures of the tidal pool and guesthouse and they just look like artwork, not obsession!!

But I think I would have "clone-sourced" out your flasher in my photo editing program! Image

Oh, yes, one hint for using it: If your photo is huge, many pixels, it's better to reduce it to about 1000x800 or less, otherwise the detail is too clear and it doesn't blur as much and look as much like a real water color (also it takes a lot longer to render the painting). So try it both ways, with a large original and a reduced one. I think you will find the reduced one looks better, at least in watercolors. Can you see a slight difference here? Oil paintings may be better with the pixel details.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hey, that's a cool app Golf! :)

Steve, love your picture, too! LOL @ to Golf for "photoshopping" out the guy on the bench!

The free image editor that I use, IrfanView (freeware, of course), also has several built-in image effects options, including oil paint, although it doesn't have the ability to add in a nifty picture frame to the image.

Here's "Emboss"...

and "Rain Drops"...

:)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#5 Post by golfmobile »

Just a random thought here on the snorkel shot . . . . this clip in the intro goes by so fast, you don't have much time (and probably aren't intended) to register anything but what he's looking at, right in his face . . . . but for over 20 years, no one has asked: WHERE IS HIS RIGHT ARM (and HAND!)?

:shock: :shock:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Sam »

Thanks Golf...My first two attempts...I know...I need practice...lol

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#7 Post by golfmobile »

Sam,

Not at all (do you need practice)!! I LOVE those! I'm going to print and frame those too! Good job! How 'bout one of the front of Robin's Nest, showing the courtyard and galleries?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#8 Post by Doc Ibold »

golfmobile wrote:Just a random thought here on the snorkel shot . . . . this clip in the intro goes by so fast, you don't have much time (and probably aren't intended) to register anything but what he's looking at, right in his face . . . . but for over 20 years, no one has asked: WHERE IS HIS RIGHT ARM (and HAND!)?

golf
Right where you think it would be.

:lol:

Actually, you can kind of see his (right hand) fingers poking above the water just below Ms. Jones' bikini top.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#9 Post by N1095A »

golfmobile wrote:Just a random thought here on the snorkel shot . . . . this clip in the intro goes by so fast, you don't have much time (and probably aren't intended) to register anything but what he's looking at, right in his face . . . . but for over 20 years, no one has asked: WHERE IS HIS RIGHT ARM (and HAND!)?

golf
Why do you think he is smiling when he looks at the camera? :oops:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#10 Post by J.J. Walters »

:lol:

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#11 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I'll vouch for Magnum and say you can notice the fingers on his right hand if you look at the photo. Maybe he is smiling because he likes the junk?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Sam »

I'm "Liberating" these photos from the forum.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#13 Post by golfmobile »

Beautiful! I love these!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#14 Post by N1095A »

Sam wrote:I'm "Liberating" these photos from the forum.

This is my favorite so far Sam. I just can't get the effect as good as you. But, I've been up to my eyeballs busy, and have only snuck a couple of minutes in here and there.
Last edited by N1095A on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#15 Post by J.J. Walters »

You've got some mad FotoSketcher skills Sam! They look great!