N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

John Fogerty, helluva songwriter!

#1 Post by N1095A »

"But Higgins, I can explain."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Without a doubt, one of the best singer/songwriters ever! Great song, great album!

I see that the YouTube clip has almost a million views! Glad to see that that song still resonates with people. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A

#3 Post by N1095A »

James J. Walters wrote:Without a doubt, one of the best singer/songwriters ever! Great song, great album!

I see that the YouTube clip has almost a million views! Glad to see that that song still resonates with people. :)
It especially resonates with me.
One thing about John Fogerty is that he's a true musician. He's old school, and his songs are every bit as relevant today as they were 40 years ago.
My two favorite CCR songs are "Born On The Bayou", and "Lodi". Also, his voice is like no other in music before or since. When you hear it you know it's him instantly.
By the way, does "Centerfield" remind anyone else of TM?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

Mike, you ever see CCR's Woodstock performance? Killer nighttime set! Here's "Born on the Bayou" from that set...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOfssJ0vwfU

Recently saw the great new Woodstock documentary Now & Then on the History Channel, in honor of its 40th Anniversary. It's fantastic! :)

"Suzie Q" is my favorite CCR song.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A

#5 Post by N1095A »

James J. Walters wrote:Mike, you ever see CCR's Woodstock performance? Killer nighttime set! Here's "Born on the Bayou" from that set...
I've got that one under "My Favorites". No one had a voice like John Fogerty. There are just so many great songs both with CCR and his work after CCR. 40+ years later he's still going strong.
Last edited by N1095A on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#6 Post by SelleckLover »

My favorite CCR song is Proud Mary. I wore out an 8-track tape playing it over & over. Fogerty's CCR songs are gritty and have that garage band feel to them in my opinion. It doesn't get any better than that! :D

Higgy_baby
Rear Admiral

#7 Post by Higgy_baby »

Have you ever seen the rain is my all time favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9_ipu9 ... re=related

With this band it is hard to pick favourites. I remember having a crappy K-tel record of CCR in the 70s. I loved every single song, even the fun stuff like Molina. Like Sellecklover I played it over and over, while I bought the real albums on Fantasy.

There is somthing about CCR that you never tire of. If I had to go on a 7 hour drive and listen to the same group for the entire trip, this would be the one.

And yes N1095A, I can see Magnum saying 'put me in coach' in Centerfield.
Of course this changes nothing between us. I still expect you to respect the rules and regulations pertaining to your stay on the estate. There will be no wild parties, no outragous liberties, no unauthorized overnight guests...

N1095A

#8 Post by N1095A »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

My wife would shutter at this conversation. She can't stand CCR. To each his or her own I guess?