MIA from Gulf War found.

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#16 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Mike, I love the truck . Great job! Also, it is nice to see a story about the bracelets being returned to the family. It shows there are lots of people out there that care.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#17 Post by Styles Bitchley »

N1095A wrote:Steve, I'm well aquainted with The Patriot Guard Riders, and I salute you. You have no idea how much of an honorable thing you're doing, and what it means to people. Those who give the ultimate sacrifice, and their families deserve the undying respect of every American man woman and child.

The entire film was very emotional for me, but I'm not ashamed to admit that certain parts really got to me.

About 12 years ago I completely restored an M35A2 "Deuce & a Half" as a hobby, and because I like old trucks. Before too long I decided to put it to good use dedicating it to those who served and those who never returned. I put US and POW/MIA flags on the mirrors, and signs on the doors, then ran it in parades and auto shows, anywhere I could squeeze it in. The door signs were big enough so there was no mistaking who or what we were there for.
Image Image Image
My wife and I met a lot of great people during those excursions, and I like to think we brought a lot of awareness to the POW/MIA issue.
I logged a lot of hours behind the wheel of the deucy, going all over Pennsylvania for shows, parades and events. We camped in the back of the truck when there was no motel close by the event we were attending. We even made the 260 mile drive to Aberdeen MD for Armed Forces Day one year, and that's no small feat at 45mph.
Totally awesome.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.