Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter

#1 Post by N1095A »

Has anyone seen the photos from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter?
It has photographed all the Apollo landing sites except Apollo 12. The first photos aren't the best but they will improve in the coming weeks. You can actually see the astronauts' tracks. This is way cool!
http://lro.gsfc.nasa.gov/
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Steve »

Amazing pictures. I actually had the good fortune of seeing Apollo 15 lift off when I was a teenager. Don't even get me started on man not being on the moon in 37 years!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

N1095A

#4 Post by N1095A »

I'm anxiousxy awaiting the promised higher resolution photos of the landing sites. Not to prove the moon landings were real. The hoax theorists are part of the tinfoil hat club in my opinion, but rather to see just what 40 years on the surface have done to the equipment left behind. \

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

N1095A wrote:I'm anxiousxy awaiting the promised higher resolution photos of the landing sites. Not to prove the moon landings were real. The hoax theorists are part of the tinfoil hat club in my opinion, but rather to see just what 40 years on the surface have done to the equipment left behind. \
I would love to know if the Flag that Armstrong and Aldrin planted is still standing. One of the shows I was watching on the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11, Buzz Aldrin mentioned that Neil Armstrong had said he saw the flag topple over when they took off.........

N1095A

#6 Post by N1095A »

Steve wrote:
N1095A wrote:I'm anxiousxy awaiting the promised higher resolution photos of the landing sites. Not to prove the moon landings were real. The hoax theorists are part of the tinfoil hat club in my opinion, but rather to see just what 40 years on the surface have done to the equipment left behind. \
I would love to know if the Flag that Armstrong and Aldrin planted is still standing. One of the shows I was watching on the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11, Buzz Aldrin mentioned that Neil Armstrong had said he saw the flag topple over when they took off.........
There is video of the 11 flag getting blown over, but you can't tell if it stands back up or not. Later Apollo missions the astronauts joked about Neil not thinking to move the flag 50 feet away.