Loss of iconic people

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by lutherhgillis »

All will be missed. Each was a pioneer of sorts in their own field. I pray for the families as they process thier loss.

As far as MJ goes, it is unfortunate that his private struggles with reality, fame, family dysfunction, and an obvious lack of satisfaction with himself will possibly overshadow the greatness he displayed in the studio, on the screen, and on stage. But, it seems like all of the great ones seem to be very close to obsessive and/or 'madness' compulsions.

I just hope the question of whether drugs were recklessly supplied by doctors, managers, promoters... will be answered and the guilty (if any) will be dealt with.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#12 Post by N1095A »

Add Karl Malden to the list. I'm ashamed to say that I thought he was already dead, but then until Don Knotts died, I thought Andy Griffith had already passed too. Malden was 97. God bless him. That may seem like a long, full life, but as Benny Hill put it. "This merry-go-round is nice but you give damn short rides."
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#13 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I saw that about Karl Malden as well. I hadn't seen him in years. 97 is a pretty darn good life!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Frodoleader »

Please...please...please bury Michael Jackson! Lay that poor man to rest...so the rest of us can get on with our lives!
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Carmen
MPI

#15 Post by Carmen »

Amen!!
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#16 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

They have to see how much money they can make off of it before they can lay him to rest.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Miss Q »

I cant believe they are burying him in a gold casket - it is just an open invatation to vandles and thiefs.... Let him rest!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock