Any Adam Lambert fans out there?

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

Any Adam Lambert fans out there?

#1 Post by lutherhgillis »

Eye liner and girl haircut aside, this guy, uh, person has some pipes! What is next for Adam? The fronting Queen thing would be cool and the new album in the fall will be interesting to see. He can definitely rock but will rock sell in today's market?

What type of music will be featured on the album? Anyone care to speculate?
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

I don't watch American Idol anymore, so I've never seen this guy perform, but based on what I've read, it's probably going to sound like some horrible offspring of Nickelback and Daughtry! Bleh!!

I saw that the guy who finished second this year (whatever his name is) is now on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. THAT my friends is how far we have fallen! Lord help us!

There is only one AI alum that I like..... Bo Bice.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by lutherhgillis »

Yea, I like Bo Bice also. I also like Kerry Underwood and Chris Daughtry.

The AI winners face an interesting challenge. Go from singing other people's songs to try to stake out a place for youself among many talented people and huge money spent by the production/promotion groups. It's one thing to be albe to sing. It's another thing to be an artist...

Both of the top two on Idol this year can sing very well. I'm not sure how they will fit the current music scene but we'll see.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#4 Post by SelleckLover »

James J. Walters wrote:
I don't watch American Idol anymore,
Me neither...I'm so OVER so called "reality" shows! (I'm even over Dog the Bounty Hunter now.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

I'm with James and SL, I stopped watching three years ago. Paula, Randy and especially Ryan Seacrest make my skin crawl and I just couldn't take another minute of my time watching them........

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by MPS »

I could be the only person in the US who has never seen American Idol (or Survivor, or Dancing with the Stars or.....) Since we are a Nielsen family (long story that) I hope to be contributing to the betterment of American television. :wink:
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Sam »

Count me in too MPS,that makes two of us.I may have seen an ad for the shows but haven't watched one moment.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#8 Post by rubber chicken »

Reality TV isn't for me either. The only reality show I ever watched was the first The Real World on MTV back in 1992, and that was only because it was on the tv when I was over at a house where friends lived. Anyone remember Puck? :?

When I hear what I assume is a "reality star" mentioned on the news or wherever I'm glad that I don't know what in the world they're talking about. Then I go back to more important things like looking for Magnum P.I. locations. :wink:

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by lutherhgillis »

I suppose when I wrote the original post, I was assuming the people who watched AI might care to respond. Those who post saying, "I don't like it or I hate reality shows" I hear you and agree somewhat. I do not care for 'reality' shows either except for the few that focus upon peoples' talent. I couldn't care less about people trying to lie, cheat, and steal to win some trumped up contest and what people do after hours back at the house...

I was talking about the talented and flamboyant singer that finished second in the contest. While I do not care for his preferences, I admire his singing voice. And breaking into show business is one of the toughest things to accomplish. Some of the other Idol contestants have done well while others have flopped.

I see Broadway as the most logical destination for Adam. Just my $0.02...

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#10 Post by rubber chicken »

Yeah, the topic deviated a bit. I'm not interested in watching, but talent is talent and there are more people in the world with the same ability or at least potential as the actors and singers etc. that have "made it". For instance I wish lesser known actors were used more often in movies, instead of the big names everyone knows.

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by MPS »

rubber chicken wrote:Yeah, the topic deviated a bit. I'm not interested in watching, but talent is talent and there are more people in the world with the same ability or at least potential as the actors and singers etc. that have "made it". For instance I wish lesser known actors were used more often in movies, instead of the big names everyone knows.
Well said!!
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?