Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton - On Tour!

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#16 Post by J.J. Walters »

Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman are not really my "cup of tea", but I totally admire and respect them. I have heard a couple of Groban songs that I really like.

The Chilli Peppers are an acquired taste. If you are not into a fusion of pop, rock, funk, punk, and hip hop, you probably won't like them. Some of the lyrics from their earlier days left a lot to be desired. I was kind of indifferent to them for many years, until their last three albums when they started using more melodic sounds, textured guitars/bass, and these incredible, multi-layered vocals. I've never seen a band mature as much as these guys. John Frusciante is one of the most innovative and unique guitar players of all-time IMHO. Same goes for Flea on the bass.

But that's just me. I'm into a wide range of artists, in a wide range of genres (from classical, to jazz, to oldies, to classic rock, to prog rock, to R&B, to funk, to disco, to pop, to new wave, to metal, to alt. rock). ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by lutherhgillis »

Yea, I understand that it's a taste thing. I was trying to give you some grief for the fun of it... :wink:

I agree the Peppers are a pretty good fusion act.

I don;t buy CDs from Groban, Bocelli, or Brightman but I appreciate their talent. I have bought some Mayer stuff and he kills on guitar. Very talented and very innovative.

How about Dave Matthews Band? They are quite funky and innovative also. I do not get into much of their stuff but I like some of it a great deal.

I think we need a new round of singer/song writers making some good clean music again similar to James Taylor, Carole King, CSN&Y and so on.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#18 Post by SelleckLover »

My son made me a CD that includes The Chemical Brothers and Aqua...and I actually liked it! (He told me I would!) :D

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by MPS »

I've been a fan of EC since his Yardbirds (and later, Cream) days. We may have everything he's ever recorded...need to check on that, sometimes music "goes missing" at our house. The first concert my son ever attended was as Clapton stadium show at the age of 4!
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#20 Post by N1095A »