talenthunter.com

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

talenthunter.com

#1 Post by N1095A »

In my local job search I signed up with talenthunter.com. I have received two emails from casting agents regarding casting roles in my area. One was the part of a dead guy on CSI Miami, and the other was an undisclosed role in an upcoming Leonardo Decaprio (sp) feature film. The casting agent said I had a unique look that would fit the part perfectly. I signed up on a whim, hoping at least to be cast as an occasional extra for $100-$500 per day. They require a $39.95 membership fee to reply to these casting agents. I don't know if it's legit, or BS, but I thought I'd ask for your opinions. The membership is a recurring bill on my card, and with money being tight I have to be concerned. It's a shame I don't have Rick to check them out. What do you all think?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#2 Post by Tom_Magnum »

I don't know N1095A, but I think it sounds a little legit. As my name is Tom Magnum, I'm usually the one asking Rick these kinds of questions(which I kinda do act a little like TM in reality). But ask the others. I think it sounds a little legit.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: talenthunter.com

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

N1095A wrote:In my local job search I signed up with talenthunter.com. I have received two emails from casting agents regarding casting roles in my area. One was the part of a dead guy on CSI Miami, and the other was an undisclosed role in an upcoming Leonardo Decaprio (sp) feature film. The casting agent said I had a unique look that would fit the part perfectly. I signed up on a whim, hoping at least to be cast as an occasional extra for $100-$500 per day. They require a $39.95 membership fee to reply to these casting agents. I don't know if it's legit, or BS, but I thought I'd ask for your opinions. The membership is a recurring bill on my card, and with money being tight I have to be concerned. It's a shame I don't have Rick to check them out. What do you all think?
Hmmmmm....

I would think that you would have to determine whether or not this is SAG or non SAG (Screen Actors Guild)... being afflilated with CSI Miami and DiCaprio, I would say it would HAVE to be SAG...

However, it seems a little off that you have to pay a $39.95 fee EVERY time you go on a casting call. That seems a bit sketchy to me, but it could be an administration fee that allows them to act as your "agent", per se.

I'd do some investigating, as you should only have a flat membership rate per year.

N1095A

Re: talenthunter.com

#4 Post by N1095A »

e
Doc Ibold wrote:
N1095A wrote:In my local job search I signed up with talenthunter.com. I have received two emails from casting agents regarding casting roles in my area. One was the part of a dead guy on CSI Miami, and the other was an undisclosed role in an upcoming Leonardo Decaprio (sp) feature film. The casting agent said I had a unique look that would fit the part perfectly. I signed up on a whim, hoping at least to be cast as an occasional extra for $100-$500 per day. They require a $39.95 membership fee to reply to these casting agents. I don't know if it's legit, or BS, but I thought I'd ask for your opinions. The membership is a recurring bill on my card, and with money being tight I have to be concerned. It's a shame I don't have Rick to check them out. What do you all think?
Hmmmmm....

I would think that you would have to determine whether or not this is SAG or non SAG (Screen Actors Guild)... being afflilated with CSI Miami and DiCaprio, I would say it would HAVE to be SAG...

However, it seems a little off that you have to pay a $39.95 fee EVERY time you go on a casting call. That seems a bit sketchy to me, but it could be an administration fee that allows them to act as your "agent", per se.

I'd do some investigating, as you should only have a flat membership rate per year.
Actually Doc, the fee is per month, not per call. I am planning to check them out further. I'm not sure about the SAG. I think you need a card in order to appear, but I think you also have to appear in order to qualify for a card. As they cast extras also, I think a SEG (Screen Extras Guild)card might be required as well.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I hope it works out that you can do this. Who knows, maybe you can find a way to get this done without even going through that company.

Tom_Magnum

#6 Post by Tom_Magnum »

Why doesn't anyone ever answer my replies? I feel left out (like TM sometimes)...Well, I think it sounds a bit legit...Good luck N1095A..

Carmen
MPI

#7 Post by Carmen »

Why doesn't anyone ever answer my replies? I feel left out
Why? Like in "Novel Connections"?! :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#8 Post by SelleckLover »

My husband Jim has worked as an extra in the past and only does voice-overs now. He has an agent and the agent has not required any money up front because he believes that he can get Jim work. He even fronted the money for Jim's portfolio (head shots). We just paid him back a little at a time as Jim started earning $$$ from all the movies he got cast in. If an agent is legit he/she won't require any money from you and I truly think this is some kind of scam and I'd steer clear of it if I were you! (Just for the record, Jim is in Mighty Ducks Part II, and a movie called Ed Wood with Johnny Depp. All the other movies Jim is in were never released!)

N1095A

#9 Post by N1095A »

Got a gig today, Just took a phone call, It's for 3 days, in Tampa for something called "Twenty Four". I'll let you know what happens.

Tom_Magnum

#10 Post by Tom_Magnum »

Yes Carmen, just like in Novel Connections.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#11 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Good luck Mike! I hope this works out for you!

N1095A

#12 Post by N1095A »

I mentioned in another thread that I'd gotten a call from the agency a while back. I thought I'd post an update. So far I've been called for the following, but didn't go to any.

CSI Miami
Pirates of The Caribbean 4
Burn Notice

24 was in Tampa, and the rest were in Miami. Tampa is 2 hours north of me, and Miami is just over 2 hours south. I chose not to go because of the distance and finances. Kind of strange I only paid their fee one time, but they still send me emails.

Again with some irony, There was a feature film shot in the town where I went to high school. The movie is called Unstoppable, and stars Denzel Washington, and Chris Pine (son of Thomas Sullivan Magnum III Robert Pine), directed by Tony Scott. About 10 people I know from high school, and from living in the area were extras in the film, and one even had a speaking part. Thete's tons of youtube footage of the movie being filmed.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f
That is one I definately would have gone to. 38 years of living in that area, and when something interesting happens there I'm 1200 miles away. :(