The Outlaw Josey Wales Voiceover by Lance LeGault, CBS 1984

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

The Outlaw Josey Wales Voiceover by Lance LeGault, CBS 1984

#1 Post by Little Garwood »

Video is here. I was happy to hear "Buck Greene's" voice...it almost makes up for CBS preempting Mike Hammer. :wink:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Outlaw Josey Wales Voiceover by Lance LeGault, CBS 1

#2 Post by Little Garwood »

A 1981 promo with a LeGault voiceover for The Waltons, Magnum, P.I., and Knots Landing.

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

"Tom Selleck, the hot new star of the eighties!"

Man, these bumpers really make me nostalgic. Particularly the CBS special presentation jingle.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Robert
Lieutenant

#4 Post by Robert »

Read up on him once, Hard to believe Buck Greene/ COL Decker started off as a double for Elvis.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Little Garwood »

An excellent, hugely nostalgic CBS We've Got the Touch promo from 1984 featuring among many others, John Hillerman-as-Big Hig! :higgins: The Simon brothers also have extensive screen time in this ad for CBS' TV programs. Great stuff!

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#6 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Little Garwood wrote:An excellent, hugely nostalgic CBS We've Got the Touch promo from 1984 featuring among many others, John Hillerman-as-Big Hig! :higgins: The Simon brothers also have extensive screen time in this ad for CBS' TV programs. Great stuff!
That's some classic stuff right there. Back in the days when they had to convince us skinny kids to put down our basketballs and sit down in front of the boob tube! Now it's the opposite.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Little Garwood »

Styles Bitchley wrote:That's some classic stuff right there. Back in the days when they had to convince us skinny kids to put down our basketballs and sit down in front of the boob tube! Now it's the opposite.
El Higgo's technique with a basketball puts even Magnum's legendary dunk to shame!

I can't emphasize enough how cool it was to see the likes of Higgins and the Simon brothers in character for that ad. I remember it well from when I was a kid. There were two other "We've Got the Touch" ads (1983 and 1985), but I'm pretty sure those only featured excerpts of scenes from the programs themselves, not in a studio like the one from 1984. There are a couple of variations on it, though.

~Tom Selleck

PhatCat
Admiral

#8 Post by PhatCat »

The CBS Special Movie Presentation clip brings me back. Way back to my childhood.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Little Garwood »

PhatCat wrote:The CBS Special Movie Presentation clip brings me back. Way back to my childhood.
I think many of us of a certain age group respond to that CBS Special Presentation fanfare as if it were embedded in our DNA! :lol:

The music heard in that fanfare was originally part of the Hawaii Five-0 soundtrack and was composed by Morton Stevens. I believe the music was part of the cue "Call to Danger."

~Tom Selleck

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Little Garwood wrote:Video is here. I was happy to hear "Buck Greene's" voice...it almost makes up for CBS preempting Mike Hammer. :wink:
Thanks for sharing that Little Garwood.
Just an aside. Josey Wales with Clint Eastwood is a good flick, but did you know the person who wrote Josey Wales, Asa Carter, was a neo-Confederate, stone racist and senior KKK member?
He also co-wrote George Wallace's infamous "Segregation Now" speech.
Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't enjoy the movie anymore considering who created the story.
The same goes for Allen Ginsburg, author of Howl, since it came out he was a founding member of the monstrous NAMBLA, which is dedicated to lowering the age of consent to five.
A smarter person than me might argue that it doesn't matter who creates great Art, it stands on it's own. The heck with that.
Dobie

"10-4"...Dan Mathews Highway Patrol

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Little Garwood »

Little Garwood wrote:An excellent, hugely nostalgic CBS We've Got the Touch promo from 1984 featuring among many others, John Hillerman-as-Big Hig! :higgins: The Simon brothers also have extensive screen time in this ad for CBS' TV programs. Great stuff!
CBS' Fall 1981-82 "Reach for the Stars" promotional campaign features :magnum: himself in anticipation of Magnum, P.I.'s second season, as TM occupies the daydreams of a "typical viewer." Let's assume this Magnum adventure isn't "canon." :D

youtu.be/mhE0rXYYiwM

~Tom Selleck

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Little Garwood »

CBS' "Share the Spirit" ad campaign features Selleck throughout, but it also gives screentime to The Lads! The funny thing is that the Dobermanns get their own face time at around the 0:40 mark, but John Hillerman is only seen for a split second as the dogs' picture leaves the screen! "Big Hig" gets no respect!

youtu.be/JFw4yoiGHQ8

~Tom Selleck

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#13 Post by Mr. Keoki »

Man the nostalgia is coming down thick with these!!! :luther:
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Little Garwood »

"Magnum will continue..."

Magnum's commercial bumpers were something I naively hoped would be included with the DVDs. This is from December, 1980.

~Tom Selleck