Elissa Dulce (Rosine)

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

Elissa Dulce (Rosine)

#1 Post by Italian Ice »

I did share this story with James privately a little while back, thought it would be nice to share it with the rest of you. This is a TRUE story ☺

I was seeing someone who looked a lot like Elissa Dulce (Rosine), this was about a year ago, but now I’m the best of friends with my ex, named Monica. Although Monica isn’t of Asian descent, the resemblance is still very shocking. I can’t post a picture of her as she is a more private person and told me not to, so I have to respect her wishes. Anyways…

When I was watching All Roads Point to Floyd for the first time, I came across the scene with Vicki, and the resemblance was shocking. (even though my ex wasn’t Asian as Elissa is). Besides showing the episode to my ex who laughed because it was true, I searched for more. I did find a current one, but no others besides the one on this site. However, I did fluke out and found an e-mail address. I took a chance and sent out an e-mail. I ALSO WANT TO REMIND YOU ALL that this is how I came across the Magnum Mania site in the first place!

I can’t remember what my e-mail said exactly, but I told her about the resemblance to Monica, where I was from, told her about the few times I was on the islands, that I was a fan of MPI and Hawaii 5-0, and that she was have been happy to have been a part of 2 great shows in history.

Believe it or not, within a few hours I got an e-mail. Below is what she said. We did correspond a few times after that, but it has been awhile and I know she’s very busy.

I also mentioned to James that my brother met Keoki (Patrick Bishop) in the late 90’s as he has a friend from the islands down there that knows him. He got Patrick’s e-mail as well and I had e-mailed him a few years ago. However it has been over 3 years and now apparently he may not even be alive! My brother hasn’t been able to confirm this. I don’t have the correspondence anymore, I had deleted it. This is all before I joined this site and met you guys..

Here is Elissa’s e-mail from late 2008. Hope you like what she has to say. I did mention this site, but I’m quite sure she’s busy with her work, family, and obligations etc. Check out this current picture though in the star bulletin. I found it while searching for pics , she hasn’t changed a bit!

ELISSA, IF YOU EVER SEE THIS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CORRESPONDENCE!

Aloha Michael....
Mahalo for writing and I'm really curious to see how Monica looks like me and she's not even Asian! Send me a photo, okay?

The beauty of the islands seen through episodes of 5-0 and Magnum have truly captivated people all around the world making them loyal fans. Thank you for being one of them. I have fond memories of working with Jack and Tom. It was an exciting time for all of us actors here in Hawaii.

I continue to train and take acting classes. One can never stop learning their craft. I'm also a realtor through an endeavor put upon myself to learn something different each passing decade of my life.

Yes, it is a gift from God to be able to live in paradise. Born and raised here, I have witnessed Hawaii change tremendously from when I was little. However, the wonderful thing is that it still retains the beautiful Aloha spirit of the people and its cultures. This, I hope, will never disappear. Perhaps, it is this that you remember from your visit and what lures you back.

Keep in touch,

Elissa Dulce

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2007/0 ... erger.html
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Steve »

I don't know if I should be jealous of the fact that you had a girlfriend that looked like Elissa, or the fact that Ms. Dulce corresponded with you. I might as well be jealous of both, good for you Double I...........

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Great story I.I.. She seems like such a nice person.

In case you missed this from another thread...

:shock: :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Danno »

Good one, Ice!

James, This is from 5-0, right?
I would have remembered this scene if it was from MPI...

:oops:
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah 5-0, from the early 70s. That's McGarrett on the left.

Italian Ice

#6 Post by Italian Ice »

She still looks great today if you look at the link to the paper.
I haven't seen that H 5-0 episode, or I probably dont remember...

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#7 Post by Styles Bitchley »

That's awesome Ice. Always nice to see a connection made between our real world and the one on the screen. And that screen cap from 5-0: :shock: love it!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Italian Ice

#8 Post by Italian Ice »

She hasn't changed a bit if you look at the link above. There must be a fountain of youth down there somewhere and she's found it!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Yep, she still looks great. It must be that laid back island living. Sign me up!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by lutherhgillis »

She has aged better than I have aged... Must be the pineapple, fresh air, and sun.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Steve »

I turned on the TV tonight and caught the last half of a Rockford Files episode filmed on Oahu named "Hawaiian Headache". Rockford is at a restaurant and low and behold who comes up as a cocktail waitress with a smile that can compete against any rainbow in the sky......Our own Elissa Dulce Hoopai........I found this photo of her posted on a Rockford Files Episode site..........

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#12 Post by rubber chicken »

Thanks for posting that Steve. I got the dvd from the local library and had fun watching Hawaiian Headache. I also watched the episode before it on the dvd, Nice Guys Finish Dead, with Selleck as Lance White, and Larry Manetti and others too. I hadn't seen that particular Lance White episode before. It's a real blast for us Magnum fans, very funny. :)

Here's a few pictures of Rosine before she went to work at The King Kamehameha Club: ;)

In Hawaiian Headache there are at least six locations (some approximate) that were also used on Magnum PI, including...

Rockford's hotel. Which has since substantially changed, but was used as the establishing shot of the The King Kamehameha Club (see James' * note on the KKC page).

This location which I think is part of the Outrigger Canoe Club, used as a KKC filming location. This is where the Rosine scene takes place.

This location, used as a police station in this Rockford Files episode, as well as a police station in Magnum PI.

This road on Magic Island, Ala Moana Beach Park.

Good old Sunhala, used at least twice on Magnum PI and also in Hawaii Five-O (2nd link) and Charlie's Angels.

And lastly Barbers Point Naval Air Station.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Coops »

My god that woman is nothing short of stunning.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#14 Post by J.J. Walters »

Nicely done rubber chicken! :)

Now that's a Rockford episode I really want to see! In addition to the locations, the episode is also teeming with future Magnum P.I. regulars - Jake Hoopai (Elissa's husband), Esmond Chung, Danny Kamekona, W.K. Stratton). It even has good 'ol Jimmy Borges (the Hawaiian Frank Sinatra) in it.

I gotta say RC, your "local library" rocks! Mine doesn't carry Rockford or Five-0, or anything close to that. :(

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#15 Post by rubber chicken »

My local library is indeed good. Although I must have forgotten that they only have the first two seasons of Hawaii Five-O. Unbelievable. ;) I use netflix to get the rest of the seasons, when needed. But they do have all six seasons of The Rockford Files. I happened to think that the episode might be on Hulu, but it looks like they only have the first three seasons.

I did recognize at least some of the other actors, and it's great to see all the people we're so familiar with. Kind of feels like home, even though it's a different tv show. The Hawaiian television actors community must have been something like a family. Ohana, if you will.

Awhile ago I also got the Sanford & Son dvd with the episodes where they went to Hawaii - The Hawaiian Connection, parts 1 & 2 (from 1976). I did a search and I think Italian Ice was the one who brought it up. It appears that in 1976 Rosine worked as a hula dancer in Waikiki...

Image Image Image Image Image

And I was surprised to see Lt. Tanaka working as a cab driver. He must have been deep undercover. Sanford asks him how many "shells" he owes for cab fare.