Gillian Dobb

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

Re: Gillian Dobb

#46 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

Imdb says she appeared in an episode of Hawaii Five-0 in 1980 as a character named Gertrude Firth. Anyone know what episode that was? I'm not a fan of season 12 since there's no James MacArthur, so I don't see myself purchasing that season on DVD.

Aloha

Never mind. I found it: Bird In Hand
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0597979/plo ... _=tt_ov_pl
I'm a Boxley Girl....

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by MagnumILWU »

"pickled egg please"

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#48 Post by ThomasMagnum »

Found this in the 1980 Honolulu White Pages

Cades Schutte website: http://www.cades.com - (Formerly known as Cades Schutte Fleming & Wright) this confirms previous info I came across.

Marvin is her ex husband... Interesting how she decided to keep the name of the ex-husband.

She also shows up in 1977 however her husband does not.

This is from 1978, she is listed twice - first one is the private residence, the other being her workplace:

That address is in Waikiki. Not sure who Sheedy Dobb is, could be her stepdaughter. Address is the same as Marvin's.

In 1979 her address is the same as above.
Last edited by ThomasMagnum on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#49 Post by ThomasMagnum »

In addition to my previous post - I think she died in NY state because she was a U.S. citizen and was probably entitled to some care which she might have not otherwise received in Canada.

Those in the US might want to chime in on this as I could be wrong. It's the only logical conclusion I was able to reach.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Hi TM,

I found this site, which says she passed in Lancaster, NY: http://death-records.mooseroots.com/d/n/Gillian-Dobb

I also found this article from the Shreveport Louisiana Times (where she lived for some time) dated February 24, 1985. It has some of her history, when she became a US citizen, info about her husband, and fun MPI info. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by KENJI »

Super find RG!
Thanks for taking the time to find it for us!!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by 308GUY »

KENJI wrote:Super find RG!
X's 2

Are you SURE you're not Lily.......you sure seem to have TM's intuitive trend....does your "little voice" tell you these things...or at least where to look for them? :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

308GUY wrote:
KENJI wrote:Super find RG!
X's 2 :wink:

Are you SURE you're not Lily.......you sure seem to have TM's intuitive trend....does your "little voice" tell you these things...or at least where to look for them? :magnum:
Haha, thanks, it's all good fun!

TM,
Rick Romer said in his blog (in a reply to Rubber Chicken, actually!) that Marvin married & divorced someone after he and Gillian divorced, so if Rick is right, I think that would make 4 marriages for him?

Anyway, found a great pic of Gillian from 1965 rockin' the cat eye glasses...

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Neat! If Higgins and Agatha hadn't only met in '76, that would be the perfect look for Agatha had Magnum done a 60s flashback episode.

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#55 Post by ThomasMagnum »

The Times (Shreveport, Louisiana) 26 Jul 1964, Sun (Page 78)

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#56 Post by ThomasMagnum »

NitroNick50
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re:

#57 Post by NitroNick50 »

IslandHopper wrote:I agree. Agatha did become an important part of the show. My favorite Agatha moment is in "Echoes Of The Mind" when Higgins reluctantly goes to Agatha's house to tell her that he is not going to marry her, but another. During the conversation, she reveals to Higgins' surprise that her cousin also attended Sandhurst. Higgins did not know until that very moment, and Higgins asked why she never mentioned that before. Agatha said that she didn't want to embarrass him, because she knew he had been sent down from Sandhurst, and she figured that he would tell her when he was ready. At that moment, Higgins realizes what a special person and a good friend she really was. Great moment.

There was another moment, in "Home From the Sea" where Agatha thought that Higgins was interested.

Mockingbird
Ensign

#58 Post by Mockingbird »

Old thread but I wonder if she actually died in Ancaster, which is right outside of Hamilton, Ontario, and not Lancaster, NY. It would reconcile with where she was living and buried.