Favorite episode ending

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Favorite episode ending

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

I know most everybody picks, "Did You See The Sunrise?". I just watched, "Faith and Beggorah". This ending is; funny, strange, amazing, original! I don't know what else you can compare it to!?
"pickled egg please"

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

Re: Favorite episode ending

#2 Post by marlboro »

You picked two of the best ones. The show had a ton of fantastic final scenes. And some otherwise average episodes like Texas Lightning and The Hotel Dick were made much better by strong endings.

One minor complaint I have about Magnum PI is that several episodes have little epilogues that sometimes take away from powerful endings. The ending of China Doll, for example, would probably have been better if the episode had ended with the death of the bad guy.

Just off the top of my head, I think I'd go with Home From the Sea and Mad Buck Gibson.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

Definitely Sunrise .... an all time classic!

I'd also add All Thieves on Deck.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Little Garwood »

Did You See the Sunrise?--accept no substitutes. I watched it again this week and still got chills after that denouement.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KingKC »

Lest We Forget was my favorite show and the ending where June Lockhart and Jose Ferrer are reunited is the most memorable for me. Next would be the last episode where Rick can't seem to get the words "I do" out. Finally Darrin McGavin floating off on a para-sail in Mad Buck Gibson gets my approval. The Hotel Dick wasn't bad with the leap from building to building. The Last Sunrise and China Doll were a little violent for me. Wow...I didn't realize how many had such memorable endings.