Magnum PI marathon on Encore Classics

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Magnum PI marathon on Encore Classics

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

This weekend Encore Classics(StarzEncore Classics) is having a Magnum PI marathon! It starts Friday the 3rd at 9:00pm PDT, and ends Sunday the 5th at 9:40pm PST! There is a break on Saturday night, from 10pm til 1:40am(again my west coast time)! Must be due to the time change(Fall Back)! Starts out with the pilot, and ends with Resolutions, but there is no specific order to the episodes they show.
"pickled egg please"

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

Re: Magnum PI marathon on Encore Classics

#2 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

MagnumILWU wrote:This weekend Encore Classics(StarzEncore Classics) is having a Magnum PI marathon! It starts Friday the 3rd at 9:00pm PDT, and ends Sunday the 5th at 9:40pm PST! There is a break on Saturday night, from 10pm til 1:40am(again my west coast time)! Must be due to the time change(Fall Back)! Starts out with the pilot, and ends with Resolutions, but there is no specific order to the episodes they show.
Ha! I was wondering what was going on. I’m out of town and opened my U-verse app to record something back home. It said I had recorded 27 episodes of Magnum P.I. I guess you would call that a pleasant surprise.
Faith and Begorrah!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Steve »

Interesting how the Mike Post theme opens up the pilot episode(Don't Eat The Snow in Hawaii) and then goes back to the Ian Freebairn-Smith version in the next episodes...

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#4 Post by Pahonu »

Steve wrote:Interesting how the Mike Post theme opens up the pilot episode(Don't Eat The Snow in Hawaii) and then goes back to the Ian Freebairn-Smith version in the next episodes...
That's the edited version that split the original pilot film into two episodes. If I remember correctly, that version also added the opening credits to the famous stealing the Ferrari scene. The original theme and credits appeared in a montage as Magnum drove off from the estate to pick up Dan Cook. Also removed was a scene of Alice Cook arriving at the airport drunk with another passenger she met on the plane, and Ensign Healy walking down a hall talking to Captain Cooley as they head to identify Dan's body. There may also be other changes I can't remember.