tom selleck interview on decades

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

tom selleck interview on decades

#1 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

This Wednesday October 5 on the Decades channel Tom Selleck appears on the Dick Cavett Show at 8 am, 2 pm, 8 pm, and 2 am. Cavett is a little precious at times but he is a good interviewer.
For instance today they reran his 1971 interview with Charlton Heston and it was excellent, Heston full of good stories and no attacks/focus on his politics, just a fair examination of his career, as it should be, no PC crappola.
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ROBIN 23
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: tom selleck interview on decades

#2 Post by ROBIN 23 »

Thanks for the info Luther's Nephew! I get the Decades channel and am looking forward to watching this tomorrow.

ROBIN 23
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#3 Post by ROBIN 23 »

Watching the interview now on Decades. This interview is from 1992 and he is promoting Mr. Baseball. It's kinda cool watching on broadcast TV rather than YouTube. :D

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ROBIN 23 wrote:Watching the interview now on Decades. This interview is from 1992 and he is promoting Mr. Baseball. It's kinda cool watching on broadcast TV rather than YouTube. :D
Hi Robin,
Welcome to Magnum Mania. I think you'll find this a welcoming place without the rancor other sites experience.
As regards Tom Selleck's interview, I was impressed at how erudite(there's a 5 dollar word) he is.
What a relief from the mush mouthed 'celebrities' that are currently being inflicted on us on talk shows.
Other than promoting their latest tv or movie where they spout other people's words, they have nothing to offer.
Nicole Ritchie asked Tony Danza on one talk show in regards to traveling out of NYC,
"Wait, is New Jersey a city or a state, it's a city right?"
Danza started to make a crack but stopped himself, a look of kindness appearing on his face, and changed the subject.
Fred Allen, Henry Morgan and Steve Allen, whose unscripted wit was constantly on display on game shows that can now be seen on Game Show Network and BUZZR, must be rolling in their graves.
Selleck would make an excellent talk radio host once Blue Bloods is history.
Or go into politics, California has had 2 ex-actor Governors and a senator.

MikeS
Admiral

#5 Post by MikeS »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:As regards Tom Selleck's interview, I was impressed at how erudite(there's a 5 dollar word) he is.

I'll give you $6 if you explain what 'erudite' means :?
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:What a relief from the mush mouthed 'celebrities' that are currently being inflicted on us on talk shows. Other than promoting their latest tv or movie where they spout other people's words, they have nothing to offer.

Totally agree. What's more is they have sooo many more opportunities to do it now -- more award shows, more talk show faces that slobber over them, political/worldview PSAs - see John Cena's 'love' commercial for a taste of indoctrination, they jump on the telethons to show how much they care during a tragedy, their causes. In my view, and only in my view, entertainment has become propaganda about a particular worldview. If you think it only an opinion, disagree with their message and witness the fallout.
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:Selleck would make an excellent talk radio host once Blue Bloods is history. Or go into politics, California has had 2 ex-actor Governors and a senator.
A radio host would be nice, with only a bit of politics please. California will never see another center-right individual elected to dog catcher let alone to Gov... I figure America will deserve everything coming its way seeing how most people like what they see -- and keep asking for more of the same.
MikeS