1980s Actors that you'd have guest star in Magnum, PI...

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

Re: 1980s Actors that you'd have guest star in Magnum, PI...

#21 Post by Sisophous »

This guy, it would have been hilarious to see his interactions with all of them.

Pee Wee Herman

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#22 Post by ConchRepublican »

Sisophous wrote:This guy, it would have been hilarious to see his interactions with all of them.

Pee Wee Herman
LOL!

Especially meeting Zeus and Apollo!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Brian »

Robert Culp and Lee Majors would have been great to see as guest stars.
Sneakers Higgins!!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Steve »

Bill Cosby..(watch out for your hot cross buns, Agatha!)

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Benny Hill as yet another Higgins half brother. John Cleese as the owner of the hotel Fawlty Towers, who hires Magnum to be the house dick when the hotel hosts a convention of the A.A.P.I.
William Shatner as captain of the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise who seeks Magnum's help when his exec officer Spock's brain is mysteriously stolen in the episode titled "Brain, brain? What am brain?"
And finally Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd as Ghost Busters hired to rid the estate of Mac's ghost.

ConchRepublican

#26 Post by ConchRepublican »

If only Carl Kolchak could have followed a strange lead to Hawai'i . . . that would have made for a cool two hour movie. Especially with TM's dalliances with supernatural themes.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ConchRepublican wrote:If only Carl Kolchak could have followed a strange lead to Hawai'i . . . that would have made for a cool two hour movie. Especially with TM's dalliances with supernatural themes.
Hi Conch,
Great idea, and can you imagine Kolchak inter-acting with Higgins?
Kolchak was such a good news hound he would have found out Higgins was Robin Masters ghost writer.
How nice to see another Night Stalker fan here. I havent seen it on any stations since SyFy ran it at least 5 years ago. McGavin was always good, even in the cheesier episodes. 1960's starlet and snappy number Kathie Brown, his real life wife, appeared in one episode.
She was best known for a multi episode story arc on Bonanza, which was very unusual at the time.
Her character was supposed to marry oldest son Adam(Pernell Roberts) but Roberts had originally
demanded the part be played by a black woman.
NBC's southern stations had a fit at the idea, Roberts then held out for a Indian to be cast in the role, NBC finally insisting on the Nordic beauty Kathie Brown, which for Roberts was the final straw so he left at the end of the 1965 season. Okay I have digressed, but I find this story of interest as American television would have been altered forever if the number one series had a inter racial married couple.

BWheelz54
Admiral

#28 Post by BWheelz54 »

I would like to throw onto this thread the name Dirk Benedict - the guy that played Starbuck on the original Battlestar and played Face (I want to remember) on the A-Team. Benedict had connections with Larson and Bellisario from Battlestar days, and I think Benedict would've been great as that one friend of Magnum's who Magnum could never, never, never refuse, a friend who kinda pulled Magnum's strings like Magnum pulled good old Mack's strings. I like to imagine the trouble a character played by Benedict may have gotten Magnum into.

Oh, and I LOVE KOLCHAK!

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#29 Post by ThomasMagnum »

Peter Falk

Colombo & TM working together on a case! :D

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#30 Post by Doc Ibold »

ThomasMagnum wrote:Peter Falk

I would have loved this. I could actually see them getting along.

Robert
Lieutenant

#31 Post by Robert »

Liam Neeson-A IRA thug looking for Higgins. (He did have an early role like this on Miami Vice)

Boy George- A distant relative of Higgins who shows up.

Michael Ironsides- Magnum may be the only action show he hasn't played a bad guy on to my knowledge.

BWheelz54
Admiral

#32 Post by BWheelz54 »

I was watching some Hammer Studios movies, and a great actor I don't appreciate enough appeared in both of them. I would have liked to have seen Mr. Denholm Elliott (many might remember him as Indiana Jones' department head and friend in Raiders of the Lost Ark) play a role on Magnum. He would've been a great pal, or nemesis, to Higgins. I can really imagine him as Higgins' best friend from the regiment and boarding school, who stops by to visit, and then hangs out more with Thomas as those two have so much in common - an episode where we learn that Higgins, deep down, really appreciates some carefree friends. Here's a link to Denholm's IMDB page in case it refreshes some memory. What a memorable actor!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001186/?ref_=nv_sr_1

ConchRepublican

#33 Post by ConchRepublican »

Doc Ibold wrote:
ThomasMagnum wrote:Peter Falk

I would have loved this. I could actually see them getting along.

Columbo - I'm sorry Magnum, one more thing ....
Thomas - what, WHAT! This is the 10th time you said "one more thing" WHAT!!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Colombo & TM working together on a case! :D[/quote]

I would have loved this. I could actually see them getting along.[/quote]

Hi Guys,
I agree, Peter Falk and Tom Selleck would be a great duo, with Selleck the exasperated straight man to Falk's comic foil. Ten years ago Falk filmed The Thing About My Folks here in Garwood, NJ.
Several scenes took place in The Garwood Rest, the local watering hole.
Typically for Hollywood, in the movie it is identified as being in NY.
Just like Rodney Dangerfield, Jersey 'don't get no respect'.
I had to work and missed out, but they used the regulars there for the extras in the bar scenes.
Everyone who was there says Falk was terrific, hanging with the natives, shooting pool with them and drinking beer, feeling totally at ease because "you guys make me feel like I can just be myself and you don't give a s---- about Falk the star".
One of the dimmer neighbors asked him, while he was in the parking lot, if it was true he had a glass eye.
Falk didnt miss a beat and said,
"It's that damn Jack Lemon's fault for telling everybody. I was talking to him one day and it
came out in the conversation".

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

My picks would be:

Meg Foster: She could easily be cast as a sort of character who you wouldn't be sure is on our heroes' side or not, and of course be a pretty welcome change for a love interest.

Ken Howard: I'm actually quite surprised the late Mr. White Shadow himself never appeared! He was on Murder, She Wrote plenty of times, even in one episode taking place in Hawaii after Magnum's run. :P

Alan Rickman: Another dearly departed great, he was indeed in Quigley Down Under with TS, but how great of a villain of the week would he have been in episodes like "Legend of the Lost Art" or "Deja Vu"? (Nothing against Julian Glover, but he was too obviously the villain. :P)

Kate Mulgrew: It would probably be as a rich lady type like some of her MSW characters, but also be a client of Magnum's or host something at the estate.

Rita Wilson: Neat to see since she was in a late episode of Hawaii Five-O. Maybe in a similar sort of role to J. Digger Doyle.

James Coburn: He'd fit right into episodes dealing with spy/military plots, maybe playing an agency head like in the otherwise godawful Hudson Hawk.

And yessssss, 80s Madeline Kahn! She had such range that I can easily imagine her as a complement for Magnum or Higgins :D Maybe like a master of disguise tripping them up, or a famed stage actress driving Higgins nuts like Elizabeth Barrett in "Birdman of Budapest". :lol: Add in the "cast reunion" factor with John Hillerman and it's perfect! :D

I also second Liam Neeson, especially if it involves bringing back Brigadier Ffolkes. :)

Love the Peter Falk story too! :lol: