Lady X

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Lady X

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ok, this lady bumps into Magnum at the hospital in Season Five's "Under World"...

...and then two episodes later (in "Blind Justice") she just happens to be next to him at a light.

Coincidence? I think not!

Dang, too bad she didn't have any lines! :)
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#2 Post by rubber chicken »

Good eye there James! :) It looks like she cut her hair a bit shorter between the two episodes. I wonder what she would have to say about doing the show.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#3 Post by rubber chicken »

Okay, so entirely by coincidence (no, really!) I came across another appearance of this woman, in Laura. She was the woman driving the jeep, who Magnum videotaped as he and Rick were driving down the road. Screenshot below:

No wait, whoa. My mistake, that isn't her at all.

Here she is:

I see everything now. These scenes were weaved into the series in order to create a backstory for an epic two part episode, one that subsequently became a "lost" episode. In the lost episode this woman was a stalker, who over the course of years developed an unhealthy obsession with Magnum. She set up these situations where she would "accidentally" run into Magnum, in order to eventually gain his affection. Yes, everyone could see that she was beautiful on the outside, but what people couldn't see is that on the inside she was driving down a one way street to criminal insanity. When she realized she would never capture Magnum's heart, she turned to more obvious ways of attracting his attention, à la The Ripper in Death and Taxes. The episode was to be titled Hell Hath No Fury.

Surely since three episodes in which she appeared were found so quickly, she was likely in other episodes as well? All I know is the show's creators were very clever in the way they planned so far ahead for her future episode. Shame it was never made.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

LOL! rubber chicken! :)

Poor girl. Little did she know, all she had to do to win Magnum's affection was tell him she's married, or that her spouse recently died, or that she hears voices. ;)

We don't even know her name! She's gotta be in other episodes (in the background... silently stalking Magnum).
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Sam »

Good find guys..Hey,I think I found one too.It sures looks like her to me but I'll let youse guys and gals be the judge. :)

Last edited by Sam on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#6 Post by rubber chicken »

lol, we're certainly onto something here. We can call her Lady X.

Nice photoshop work Sam. :) You had me going for a minute. But wouldn't it be just like her to shoehorn herself into that situation? She definitely missed an opportunity, although I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she had crashed the party and was already dancing in the crowd. In fact I think I see her... ;)

At least Magnum would have been wearing a suit of armor this time. If there's one nice thing I can say about her, she sure is a darned sight prettier than a doorman with mutton chops! :)

timm525
Lieutenant Commander

#7 Post by timm525 »

J.J. Walters wrote:Ok, this lady bumps into Magnum at the hospital...

...and then two episodes later (in "Blind Justice") she just happens to be next to him at a light.

Coincidence? I think not!

Dang, too bad she didn't have any lines! :)
I wish she was next to me at a light! :twisted:

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#8 Post by rubber chicken »

This topic is kind of highjacking this episode's thread, but I'm pretty sure I've discovered another "Lady X" appearance, this time in Professor Johnathan Higgins (5.13). The hair is different, but I think the facial features indicate a positive ID. Thoughts?

I'm really wondering about her real life story now. As extras go, she was practically a star of the show.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#9 Post by Styles Bitchley »

rubber chicken wrote:This topic is kind of highjacking this episode's thread, but I'm pretty sure I've discovered another "Lady X" appearance, this time in Professor Johnathan Higgins (5.13). The hair is different, but I think the facial features indicate a positive ID. Thoughts?

I'm really wondering about her real life story now. As extras go, she was practically a star of the show.
Good eye RC. In the first shot, I thought you were barking up the wrong tree. But after comparing her smile in the second with the other shots above, I think you're right!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Sam »

Yep,it does look like Lady X.

I've found what I think is a possible.Season 4 "Rembrandt's Girl"...the

guesthouse party scene.This pic is a cap from JJ's video and only for

reference.She appears a couple of times after Higgybaby turns off the Hi-Fi.

:lol: :lol: Upper left,in red.

JJ,maybe we need a Lady X folder to help keep this straight?

[img]http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss23 ... \~original[/img]
Last edited by Sam on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#11 Post by rubber chicken »

Interesting Sam. I made a little collage, but personally I just can't be sure. The far right image looks close, but the others seem like a different person to me. Also, this woman's hair is longer than in the other photos we've seen of her, but this would be her first appearance that we know of (Rembrandt's Girl, 4.14), so she could have had longer hair at that time.

For clarity's sake, I'm including the episodes and screenshots mentioned so far:

Under World (5.5)

Blind Justice (5.7)

Professor Johnathan Higgins (5.13)

Laura ( 7.18 )

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

rubber chicken wrote:Image
Hmm, she looks very similar to our "Lady X", but I don't think it's the same person. I could easily be wrong, however. Hmmm!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#13 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Ahh. OK, I found where this discussion moved to! I thought I was going mental.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by KENJI »

Can anyone make out the name on her nurse uniform?
I bet Larry Manetti would know all about this lady!!!!!!!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Frodoleader »

My guess is that she is either the girlfriend of someone that worked on the show and whenever there was a crowd shot she was put in it. Sometimes she got better screentime, such as the Jeep shot. Or, she was a local actress that was called in whenever the aforementioned crowd scenes were being filmed.
Either way, our humble (or is that pathetic?) lives are better for it!! :wink:
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan