Lady X

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Lady X

#81 Post by KENJI »

MPIinstitute wrote:Yeah looks like they stripped her of the title after the USA pageant which doesnt make sense. So it seems like she didnt complete her full reign.
That's still not making sense because of the dates...one article states in February she is being stripped of her title after only one week of winning it, due to her age and the 18yr old runner-up will take her place. Fast forward to May 13, 1985 and she is still Miss Hawaii competing in the Miss USA Pageant. I think there is a missing piece there, maybe there was a quiet resolution behind closed doors to avoid a $5million lawsuit and the tarnishing of the pageant.

MPIinstitute
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#82 Post by MPIinstitute »

Ok I did some research and found out the girl who took Tina Machado's place in 1985, also competed in and won the Miss Hawaii pageant in 1986. So this girl, Ms. Costa, was Miss Hawaii for two years. Tina Machado took 8th place in the Miss USA pageant in 1985.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#83 Post by KENJI »

MPIinstitute wrote:Ok I did some research and found out the girl who took Tina Machado's place in 1985, also competed in and won the Miss Hawaii pageant in 1986. So this girl, Ms. Costa, was Miss Hawaii for two years. Tina Machado took 8th place in the Miss USA pageant in 1985.
Thanks MPInstitute for doing some digging.
Oh boy, this gets more puzzling by the minute.
I thought one couldn't be Miss Hawaii more than once.....unless there is some fine print somewhere in the legal paperwork that states otherwise. Why would they let Tina compete in the Miss USA pageant months after they stated she was overage in the Miss Hawaii Pageant? In my mind that would make her in eligible to go any further (i.e. Miss USA or even Miss Universe)....it makes no sense! There has to be one more piece of the puzzle out there.
It will surface!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#84 Post by Steve »

Well done, you guys are amazing! Now please solve the "slab" mystery once and for all....................

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#85 Post by ConchRepublican »

Excellent work!!

According to this, she was in another show in the early 80s, Hawaiian Heat. Basically a Magnum PI meets Running Scared show.

http://books.google.com/books?id=YX_daE ... ii&f=false

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-2qRWfi1Lg
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#86 Post by J.J. Walters »

How sure are we that it's her?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#87 Post by ConchRepublican »

I'm tracking down her FB or linkedin to see if she can confirm the thread. :-)
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#88 Post by marlboro »

Now that this one is solved, what other "Magnum Mysteries" are out there?

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#89 Post by KENJI »

Hi James,

We don't have fingerprints or a facial recognition scan done yet (working on it) :wink: , but we have some excellent visual evidence in Sam's findings and the Miss USA YouTube footage, not to mention MPInstitute's key info confirming that Lady X is Tina Machado. She was also Miss Hawaii 1985 and a model during MPI's run so I could see them offering her a few cameos. I'm convinced like many others....looks like a slam dunk. I think it is really safe to add her name a few times to the Episode Guide Section, maybe put an asterisk beside her name until Conch get confirmation back from her F.B. page. :wink:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#90 Post by Steve »

marlboro wrote:Now that this one is solved, what other "Magnum Mysteries" are out there?

Yes!!!! The slab....I am still holding out that it was a Royal "poop stoop"....... :lol:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#91 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ok, that's good enough for me. I've added her to the cast list for each episode she appeared in, seven in all. I put in a 'Note' about her in "Blind Justice". I think it's hilarious that the only episode she was credited for was one where we didn't even see her face (only her backside)! I've also added her to the 'Notable Guest Stars' page under the 'Oahu-based Actors & Celebrities' section.

Tina Machado, Miss Hawaii 1985! How about that! Thanks everybody for helping solve this mystery! And marlboro, love that animated gif! :)

Also, I think I may have found another episode where she appeared in -- The Hotel Dick! What do you think?

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#92 Post by KENJI »

Thanks for the updates James!
It's great that we can still find things after all of these years!!
I was looking at the Notable Guest Stars Section and it was interesting to find out that Tina was not the only Miss Hawaii who has been on the show which gives us a pattern that supports our Lady X ID theory just a little bit more. One of the other two ladies that you have down is Lei Maa and I couldn't find her Miss Hawaii info at first, but then I found out her real name (or full name) is Blanche Leialoha Maa Richmond 1979 Miss Hawaii. She married tv star Branscombe Richmond who was on the cast of Renegade (Bobby Sixkiller), also Hawaiian Heat AND MPI (pilot episode - Moki #1, and a few bad guy bit parts). A few more additions/changes for you or Doc - sorry.

It would be interesting to know if there were any other Miss Hawaii title holders that have been on the show that we don't know about.

Not sure on the latest pic for Tina, but I'm curious to know if she is hidden in a few more episodes that we don't know about......our version of Where's Waldo. :lol:
Last edited by KENJI on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#93 Post by marlboro »

I think you've found another one.

I'm starting to think she's in every episode.

EDIT:
KENJI wrote:Not sure on the latest pic for Tina, but I'm curious to know if she is hidden in a few more episodes that we don't know about......our version of Where's Waldo. :lol:

You read my mind!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#94 Post by KENJI »

marlboro wrote:I think you've found another one.

I'm starting to think she's in every episode.

EDIT:
KENJI wrote:Not sure on the latest pic for Tina, but I'm curious to know if she is hidden in a few more episodes that we don't know about......our version of Where's Waldo. :lol:

You read my mind!

That's hilarious Marlboro!!!! :lol:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#95 Post by J.J. Walters »

Too funny marlboro! :)

So now that the mystery of "Lady X" has been solved, can anyone crack the case of "Lady Y"? She was an extra in many, many episodes. Here is the evidence so far...